Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC - Unable to change paper size when scanning to pdf

Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When attempting to scan to pdf I receive the following error:  Please input some valid page dimensions.  The scan tool won't allow me to enter a paper size.  I have configured paper size in the scanner interface but I still get the error.

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please install latest Acrobat update.

Also, try troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting tips for scanner issues when using Acrobat

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Sorry, Lovekesh, but your standard answer is absolutely helpless. It worked for previous Acrobat versions but the new version messed it all up. This is very bad software and bad support too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am dealing with the same issue and it's October 2020.

I had an Epson ET - 2500 that worked flawlessly and replaced it with an Epson ET - 3760 over this past summer.

I have had multiple issues but bottom line I cannot scan using Acobe Acrobat.

I can scan using the Espon software and it will save a document as a PDF which I can view in Acobe but I cannot scan like have been for YEARS with my ET 2500.

I contacted Epson... they answered the phone immediately and spent time with me and we determined it was not a Network Error as the first error message I was recieving in Adobe but it is an error in Adobe.

So... here I am on this outdated message board with a link from Adobe help to a page that gives no clear solution to this OBVIOUS PROBLEM inside Adobe Software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem as well and all scanner drivers (on two different scanners) are up to date as well as my version of Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likewise.  Same problem running Adobe Acrobat PRO DC on Brother MFC-8810DW set up on a LAN.  Definitely a software issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is listed as Answered, but it is not.  I have the same problem from the File menu and it is now 2019.  I found that going through the Create PDF and Scan from the side menu does the trick, but that leads me to believe that Acrobat has different code in those calls.  From a user perspective they do the same thing so they should act the same way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, and using the side menu did not help me. 

I am using a canon 4250 scanner, and found that selecting the WIA - version of the scanner in the " select scanner " menu did the trick. 

But it took some time to figure it out ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither Twain nor WIA driver works with my HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 MFD. Same error as reported with paper size option there but unable to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue

Adobe Support on this issue is useless.

It is not a scanner or scanner driver issue.  Please fix your sofware

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines