• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC update request when I don’t have it

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the photography package, which does not include Acrobat DC, as far as I'm aware. I also have Acrobat XI standard, which works fine for me.

For some reason, Acrobat DC shows up in the update list in my Creative Cloud Desktop. Not a problem until I make the mistake of clicking on "update all". Adobe then deletes my XI installation and replaces it with DC. Of course I am then prompted to buy a subscription! To correct this, I have to uninstall DC and find my old XI installation disk plus a portable disk drive. All very tedious!

How do I clear Acrobat DC from the updater list so that I can use "update all" or automatic updates?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Looking at the description given above, what we understand that is you own Acrobat XI. However, also uses the CC desktop app to access the other CC applications. Updating other apps also effects the Acrobat DC's update. Right?

What best we can suggest here, is-

1- First Quit from CC desktop application. 

2- Now run the Acrobat cleaner tool for the removal of Acrobat DC and its files traces:  http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html 

3- Once done. Open CC desktop app. Do you still see the Acrobat DC listed there?

4- If not, then you are good to go. If yes, then Sign Out of CC desktop app and Sign back In.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, Akanchha, but I'm afraid that didn't work. Acrobat DC is still showing and as I signed back into CC Desktop I got a notification to say that an update is available for Acrobat DC. I do have Acrobat Reader DC installed, but the update reminder is for the full version.

The Acrobat cleaner reported that it could not find a DC installation, but ran anyway.

any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't waste your time in cleaning up. This has been a problem forever. Adobe support seem absolutely incapable of understanding this very serious issue, or if they do, the people who might fix it have chosen to leave it in place; and now Acrobat XI is EOL I would say the chances of fixing this very bad problem are almost zero. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks....I'm not particularly surprised, as this fault "encourages" us to update to DC. I use Acrobat so little, it nowhere near worth the monthly cost. I'll just have to persevere with manual updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines