• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC updates failing because Print Spooler service won't start. How do I fix this?

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am logged in as an administrator and trying to install updates for Adobe Acrobat DC. It gets as far as starting the Print Spooler service and hangs there. I tried starting the service just before it gets to this part, but the service won't start (this worked last time I had updates, but no longer works). It hangs for a while and then reverts. I thought about uninstalling and reinstalling but am afraid it would hang on the install as well. Has anyone run into this? How do I fix it going forward?

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue, and tried fixing the Print Spooler as indicated in that wikiHow article. The issue persists still. What else can I try? I have reinstalled Adobe Acrobat DC and repaired the installation several times, but to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The print spooler isn't a part of Acrobat, so if it won't start that's probably not an Acrobat issue either. It could be one of your print drivers locking it; if you feel like experimenting, try removing them one by one (be sure you can get them back!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was able to install the update by first stopping the print spooler manually/

net stop spooler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I fixed this issue by uninstalling all other pdf writers under control panel. Mine was caused by a PDF Report Writer (novaPDF 6.4 printer) which is installed with Autodesk 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines