• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat dc will not work offline

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant use PDF offline. Every single time I need to use this software, which is extremely expensive as I pay each quarter, it asks me to log in. If I am not connected to the Internet, I am not able to use it.

I lost 14 hours traveling without using pdf. Two options, you guys fix it or I will cancel the suscription.

Thank you, 

Ezequiel

[personal information removed for your protection
https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Help/Email-signatures-and-personal-information/td-p/4786467]
[This is a public forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is free. Do you actually have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes sir I do. My bad, my apologies. But it is really a pain to log in every single day and also not able to work offline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll leave it to someone who knows more than me, whether Acrobat Pro needs to log in every time. (Which would be bad). My copy does not ask me often (maybe every few months). But I have other Creative Cloud apps too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Acrobat program that you install on your computer SHOULD allow you to work offline as long as you have not gone beyond the validation time (I think that is 30 days)

I have never heard of a program subscription with a quarterly payment schedule

If you actually have the Cloud PDF service, I think you have to be logged in to use the service

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Document-Cloud-PDF-Services/bd-p/document-cloud-pdf-services

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it asks me to log in every day and I cant use it offline. Anyone from Adobe that can take care of this? Post sales service at Adobe really sucks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. Even online the software says that cannot reach the internet: even when I'm logged in into the Adobe website! Even more, it's asking me to log in every couple of hours and NEVER, and I really mean NEVER, I was able to use it offline. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum, not the link to Adobe support
-other users here can't help with that specific problem
-please click the link below to contact Adobe staff to help
Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for this to work
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same issue and have been working with Adobe support for many months trying to obtain an answer from them. First, they DO NOT UNDERSTAND THEIR OWN LICENSE MECHANISM.   I operate in an environment where being on a network continuously is not permitted.  

Observation and possibly SOLVED

Signed in does not mean what we think. It is a license authenticator. If you login to start Acrobat DC it will of course start when you log in as requested.  But once you have done this you can shut down your machine and restart without a network connection and Acrobat will still be fully functional. It is the act of logging out from acrobat  that apparently forces the license request.  So as long as you don't intentionally logout of the app it will work without a network connection and therefore is NOT actually connected to the network.  I cannot say that if you are reconnected to a network that it is not reseablishing a connection without a request to you.  I discoverd this through experimentation. As commented by others here it may periodically require a connection to refresh a  use timer.  This does not imply that the system when it does require a connection is not transferring data to ADOBE that is sensitive to your organization and therefore you must determine the level of risk.   I am continuing to examine how long the license will operate without a refresh of the authentication.  This is the first observed method I have done that allows us to operate in a non-connected environment such as aircraft or secure facility.

Diatribe: I have without satisfaction been given multiple answers by Adobe for the last year. They have suggested that I buy the full standard license and obtain a key. I have done this, and, in each case, it did not solve the problem. They have in each case at the end said that’s the only way it works after spending hours on the line and being passed from one group to another and having to start over and explain my need again and again is ONLINE.  Each time they simply offered a refund at the end.  I finally download it one more time from my online subscription, the online still allows a fully standalone installation as well as their cloud service. After installing on a laptop and tried experimenting with AIRPLANE mode and discovered the characteristic above.

I don’t know if this solves the problem in all cases but at least I can get a connection to authorize the device periodically and then be disconnected to do our work.  

Acrobat DC loaded on PC “NOT” Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines