• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC will will NOT open after update (windows 10 pro)

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning (2.11.2021) while working in Acrobat there was a popup window saying that Acrobat needed to update. After that window cleared, Acrobat DC will not open/run. 

Tried: 

restarting

uninstalling/reinstalling

repairing program from controll panel 

Any other suggestions? I don't see the option to install pervious versions of Acrobat in Creative Cloud. 

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

So, to get to work I had to backup ALL my plugins and whatnots, delete EVERYTHING to do with Adobe and reinstall using some special cleaner install program. My coworker (who had the same problem) did it all with the help of support via chat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the exact same issue since yesterday.

I've tried uninstalling from the Adobe Cloud app, manually from control panel, and using the Acrobat DC cleaner tool. Nothing is working. Every time I reinstall the program, I'm able to use it once, but when I try to use the program again, it doesn't open.

Looking at the task manager when trying to open Acrobat DC after the first initial time, I see the process pop up for a couple seconds and then it automatically closes itself and then nothing happens. No error message, nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as a follow-up, I just noticed when trying to open Acrobat DC, the process spikes my GPU usage to 100% for a millisecond before the process closes itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, to get to work I had to backup ALL my plugins and whatnots, delete EVERYTHING to do with Adobe and reinstall using some special cleaner install program. My coworker (who had the same problem) did it all with the help of support via chat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I also got mine to work, but it looks like it was a couple plugins that was causing the problem. The second I removed the plugins, Acrobat started working normally. Only problem is I need those plugins for my work.

The plugins that were causing my Acrobat to stop working were:

• PDFLib Block Plugin
  • PDFLib TET Plugin

Is there a way to install previous versions of Acrobat DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This was exactly my problem. I'd had to install these plug-ins several months ago for something I was working on and haven't needed them since. I followed your suggestion, and Acrobat immediately opened correctly when I tried again. I was having a lot of stress over this today haha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you got yours working at least. I still need those plugins unfortunately.

It's looking like my Acrobat just decided that it didn't want to allow third party plugins to work anymore. I tried installing an older version of Acrobat, but I was still getting the same problem. I then looked at the "Certification Mode" under general preferences, and it was unchecked. I tried turning that on and loading the plugins to see what would happen and Acrobat opened normally without the plugins active. I then went back into the preferences to turn the certification back off hoping it would allow me to use third party plugins again, but got the same issue with Acrobat not opening again.

Just can't figure this one out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Pauerful

Where and how we can uninstall those plugins?

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can usually find your plugins for Acrobat in your Program Files folder.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\plug_ins

Just remove the folder of the plugin you want to get rid of from that "plug_ins" folder and it should be as simple as that. You can delete the folder or you can just move it somewhere else on your computer in case you need to use it again at some point, which if that is the case, you just need to move it back into the same folder.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Please Update to the latest Acrobat DC builds. Issue has been fixed. Please let us know in case any of issues after the latest Updates.

Thanks,

-Arpit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

intenta instalar una de estas dos aactualizaciones

Acrobat2015Upd1500630527.msp

AcrobatDCx64Upd2100520058.msp

A mi me ha funcionado

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines