• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC won't launch anymore.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC won't launch anymore, I am using High Sierra, is there any way around this? I have re-installed but no luck.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

I had help from the online chat team who fixed the issue when we shared screens, so it is all working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anthonym,

As you have mentioned that the application does not launch, what exactly happens when you try to open the application?

Do you get any error message? If yes, please share the exact message you get or the screenshot of the page.

To add the screenshot here, please use the insert icon provided in the reply window as shown below:

Capture screenshot.PNG

Once you click on this icon, you get a small window.

Click on Insert Image and then browse the location where you have saved the screenshot file.

Select the file and click on Open > Insert Image.

Try to reset the Acrobat preferences.

Take help of the steps mentioned here How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

If that does not work uninstall the application and run the cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs on your Mac.

Then try to re-install the same version from here Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, 2017, XI, or X

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing happens, no error message nothing. The top menu bar all goes black and only the Adobe Cloud Icon is white. Acrobat does not launch at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try resetting the preferences of the application?

Or did you use the cleaner tool to uninstall the application and then re-install as suggested above in reply 1?

If not, please those steps and then check if you can launch the application.

Let us know how it goes.

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had help from the online chat team who fixed the issue when we shared screens, so it is all working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know that the issue is resolved.

If possible, please share steps or troubleshooting done to resolve the issue.

It will help others who are experiencing the same issue and looking for the resolution here.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue that happened after I updated to Creative Cloud 2019. Acrobat DC gives me the error show below. When I click on "Get Application Manager" it takes me to Adobe download page but after I download it, it just installs the CC install app that's pined to my menu bar. Does not install Application Manager unless that's the same as the CC install app? DC was working fine until 2019 update. Please help for I use it on a daily basis and the free Acrobat Reader is limited to my needs

thank you

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 3.45.14 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved my problem resetting preferences and reboot machine (on windows 10)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get it to run, either. I'm running Windows 10 Pro and when I try to open Acrobat DC, nothing happens at all. Just nothing. Same with if I try to open a pdf with Open With Acrobat DC. I've turned off AdBlocker. I just suddenly have no capability to work with pdfs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try the suggestions made in this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines