• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat doesn't load profile, then crashes on opening files

Advisor ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From careful observation, I conclude that if I don't see a coloured profile icon top right then Acrobat is not going to behave: hangs / crashes / won't open files.

Question: what is (or should be) going on behind the scenes to access my profile?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm the exact version of the software and operating system you are using?

Can you include a screenshot to illustrate your issue.

Did it work ok before and you have updated or installed anything recently that could explain the new behavior

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply, Eric – Windows 7.0 (with corporate patches/continued support), Acrobat Pro DC 2020.012.20048. Can't include a screenshot, as Acrobat is now behaving correctly! but I have noticed a few times that when there is no coloured pie-chart top right for the profile link, Acrobat is probably going to hang when I try to open a document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it is an issue with Acrobat login in your account. I don't know if it is a broadband issue or an Acrobat issue.

I suggest you access your profile settings and change the picture or similar detail to update your profile and maybe it will help refreshing your connection. A bit of a shot in the dark, I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines