Acrobat doesn't recognize that it's on the same device

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have only two computers and I'm authorized to use two devices on my little account. Yet, every few uses Acrobat says I'm signed on to too many devices and demands I sign out. The computer I'm signing 'in' with is the one I'm having to sign 'out' from in order to continue working. Any ideas how to get Adobe to recognize that, yes, it's still just me?

Thanks.
Mac

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat doesn't recognize that it's on the same device

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have only two computers and I'm authorized to use two devices on my little account. Yet, every few uses Acrobat says I'm signed on to too many devices and demands I sign out. The computer I'm signing 'in' with is the one I'm having to sign 'out' from in order to continue working. Any ideas how to get Adobe to recognize that, yes, it's still just me?

Thanks.
Mac

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to go to 

https://account.adobe.com/plans

Once you are in that landing page click on Manage Plans. On the next page scroll down to the section  "Activated devices".

You need to leave active only the computer that you're currently using. 

When using your subscription with a scondary computer device, you'll always need to fully sign off from the current PC in order  to be able to use the same AdobeID (your current subscription) with another computer device. 

This subscription model doesn't allow to sign in with the same AdobeID in any two computer devices simultaneously.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message it sends is that I am only allowed two devices, and I only HAVE two devices, so demanding that I sign out of the one I'm signing in on seems a bit tyranical.

I will develop forebearance and learn not to get hooked by my sense of being entitled to what's being advertised. This is a mad skill these days. A good handy survival skill. 

Yours,
Mac

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
ls_rbls LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to ask if this is happening in Acrobat Pro DC or Acrobat Pro Standard 2017 or 2020?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0