Highlighted

acrobat - expandable text fields and getting rid of blue highlight colour when reading pdf

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Is there any way to create an expandable, dynamic text box on a pdf that would keep the design style created in another programme, i.e. the box surrounding which can be seen on the form would grow.  Can you only do this is Livecycle Designer and is this free if you already have the Adobe Creative Cloud suite?

Also, after creating text fields how do you get rid of blue highlight on text fields on a interactive pdf? Is it true this is a default setting on the readers computer and can't be overruled?

Please help!! I'm trying to create an editable and fillable pdf for a demanding client....

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

acrobat - expandable text fields and getting rid of blue highlight colour when reading pdf

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Is there any way to create an expandable, dynamic text box on a pdf that would keep the design style created in another programme, i.e. the box surrounding which can be seen on the form would grow.  Can you only do this is Livecycle Designer and is this free if you already have the Adobe Creative Cloud suite?

Also, after creating text fields how do you get rid of blue highlight on text fields on a interactive pdf? Is it true this is a default setting on the readers computer and can't be overruled?

Please help!! I'm trying to create an editable and fillable pdf for a demanding client....

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 04, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- No, not possible in Acrobat.

- Yes, it's only possible in LiveCycle Designer, now known as Adobe Experience Manager.

- No, it's not free, nor included in the CC suite.

- Disable fields highlighting to get rid of the blue fill color of fields.

- Yes, this is a setting of the application, not the file.

- No, not true. This setting can be overwritten, using a script.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Try67, 

Thanks for your quick reply!

So basically unless I have Adobe Experience Manager I can't create expandable text fields? Great, at least I can now tell my client this as she has experiences these forms elsewhere.

So even if I disable the blue text field it would show up on the users screen unless I overwrite it with a script.

I don't suppose you know how I would do that? I do not have a clue!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 0
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Correct.

- Correct.

- Yes, I do know, actually, but I should warn you that I think it's a bad idea to do it, as it also affects all other files the user will open on their machine, and they might not be too happy if your file made this change "for them"... At the very least you should include a prompt explaining that the file is best viewed with this setting turned off, and ask for their permission to make this change. To do that you can embed this code under Tools - JavaScript - Document JavaScripts (NOT inside a function):

if (app.runtimeHighlight==true && app.alert("To best view this file Fields Highlighting should be turned off. This will also affect other files. Do you wish to disable it now?",2,2)==4) app.runtimeHighlight = false;

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 1