Highlighted

Acrobat Export PDF doesn't recognize my current, active subscription

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a current Adobe Export PDF subscription, but when I open Adobe Acrobat it says I am on a trial version that will expire in 7 days and I can't figure how to make the software recognize my active subscription. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but to no avail. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat Export PDF doesn't recognize my current, active subscription

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a current Adobe Export PDF subscription, but when I open Adobe Acrobat it says I am on a trial version that will expire in 7 days and I can't figure how to make the software recognize my active subscription. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but to no avail. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 01, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revert to trial https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account-membership/cc-reverts-to-trial.html may help
-and troubleshooting FAQ https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Troubleshooting-FAQ-What-should-I-do-if-I-have-a-membersh...
-and https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cloud-website-shows-trial-purchase.html
This part copied from Nancy_OShea
1. Open CC Desktop App.
2. Click the gear icon > General tab > Settings. Select "Always keep Creative Cloud up to date."
3. Click on your Avatar (top right image).
4. Sign-out of Creative Cloud.
5. Close all apps.
6. Restart your computer.
7. Open CC Desktop app.
8. Click your Avatar.
9. Sign-in with your paid ID and password.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and if this all does not work, your only option is to get in touch with Adobe's customer support.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your answer. at this point, I will wait a bit to try this solution, as I cannot aford to lose access to this function at this moment, for work reasons, so I'll wait for my PAID "trial period" to expire, in 6 days... I'll let you and the rest of the community know how it went when I eventually do it. 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, I forgot to add, I was told by a customer support agent that Adobe is no longer giving support to this product, which sort of baffled me... and, made me think that maybe I should no longer be willing to pay for it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They may not support the actual product, but but as far as I know, licensing and subscription problems should still be handled by customer service. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi again, I did all the steps suggested on the link above, except for the last one, 'reset host files manually'. then, I moved over to the customer support chat, where a nice agent took over my computer and fixed the problem remotely. apparently, it was as simple as uninstalling/reinstalling Reader DC, and then updating something, sorry I cannot be more specific, as this person did it so quickly I could barely follow it. problem fixed! thanks again for your kind help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad it worked out. My general rule for unhelpful customer service is to just try again and hope that the next CS rep will be more helpful 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll make sure never to forget that rule! 😀

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0