Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat filled form fine but others caused "A macro-attachment" was removed

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm not sure how to fix it.

So a team in another office branch created a fillable PDF for our customers to fill out.

I used Adobe Acrobat Pro 7.0 to fill out the form and was able to send it through Outlook without problems.

But if I used Foxit Reader to fill it out, Outlook would flag the PDF and say "a macro-enable attachment was removed."

So how do I fix this PDF so that whichever PDF reader/writer can fill out the form without generating a macro?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Adobe Acrobat does not produce nor generates Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) Macros of any kind.

Macros are  a programming platform of the Microsost Office family of programs.

You may need to check how MS Outlook is currently configured in order to find out the reason of why such Macros are generated when you attach a PDF file in your emails  using MS Outlook.

But most important, not all PDF viewers render a PDF file correctly. So whatever your users are trying to open the PDF with is

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat does not produce nor generates Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) Macros of any kind.

Macros are  a programming platform of the Microsost Office family of programs.

You may need to check how MS Outlook is currently configured in order to find out the reason of why such Macros are generated when you attach a PDF file in your emails  using MS Outlook.

But most important, not all PDF viewers render a PDF file correctly. So whatever your users are trying to open the PDF with is really out of your control except for encouraging them to download and install Adobe Reader DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

good call. I forgot about adobe reader DC. Trying it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines