• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Form not working in GMail?

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To test my form I sent it to multiple email addresses including my GMail address.  It appears that from GMail, I have to download it and open it to fill it out but the "Submit" button is not live.  What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you opening it in your browser, then, or are you downloading it and then opening it in Acrobat or Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Will that not work? Is opening it in Adobe the only option?

Kay Yanisch
Administrative Assistant
Property Management
Hines
700 Wells Fargo Center
90 South Seventh Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
P 612.344.1200 | M 612.432.1096
Intelligent Real Estate Investment, Development and Management

This email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the addressee or an intended recipient or have not agreed with us the terms on which you are receiving this email, any processing or disclosure with respect to its content or its attachments is strictly prohibited. In case this email was mistakenly sent to you, please reply to the sender and delete it along with any attachments.

This email has been scanned based on our security standards; however, the ultimate responsibility for virus checking lies with the recipient. Please be aware that messages sent to you from any Hines entity or affiliate may be monitored and archived for security reasons, to protect our business, and to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory obligations and our internal policies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that many people make PDF readers. Adobe do, of course. So do Microsoft, Apple and Google, and many others. When you view a web page you are typically using a viewer not made by Adobe - for example if you use Chrome, your viewer is made by Google. All of this would be just fine if these viewers did their job well, but most of them (except Adobe's) just dropped the ball on PDF forms, and they may not work well, or at all. This has been hugely frustrating for everyone working with PDF forms, it was fine when Adobe was the only game in town. Now, the huge success of PDF, which has meant Google and everyone made PDF viewers, has just about killed PDF forms, and there's nothing you or I or Adobe can do to make it better. (Google, Apple and Microsoft have worked long and hard to make sure Adobe CANNOT resolve this). Adobe are not blameless, because they never made a proper PDF form tool for mobile, and it doesn't look as if they ever will. There is an Acrobat Reader for mobile but it lacks many of the key things expected by Mac/Windows form creators.  I now don't recommend PDF forms for most purposes, web forms have more consistency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much.  That was very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines