Highlighted

Acrobat Forms - Copy & Paste Problem

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encountering an issue with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC when creating forms. This has never happened to me before, but now I cannot get the program to fix this issue.

I have created a form and would like to use the same form fields on a similar document. Normally, I could just open the "Prepare Form" tool on both documents (in separate tabs), select the fields I want to use, COPY (CTRL+C), then switch tabs to the other document and Paste (CTRL+V). From there, I could move the fields into their correct positions. 

Today, however, after copying and pasting, I CANNOT move the fields. I cannot delete them. I cannot use the "Align", "Center", "Match Size", nor "Distribute" functions. This is extremely frustrating as I often reuse forms with similar fields to save time. I do not want to have to create each individual field every single time I duplicate a form. I have tried restarting the program and my computer and nothing has worked.

Thank you in advance.

Program/Computer Details:

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (most recent version)

Windows 10 Pro v.1903

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Barbara Ash | Adobe Community Professional

I'm not able to replicate this issue. It works fine on my computer. In Position properties for the form fields, is Locked turned on? Are you in Form Editing mode by clicking the Prepare Form icon?  What happens if instead of copy/pasting the form fields, you use Organize Pages and replace the underlying page with the new document -- are you then able to edit the form fields?

TOPICS
Create PDFs, General troubleshooting, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat Forms - Copy & Paste Problem

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encountering an issue with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC when creating forms. This has never happened to me before, but now I cannot get the program to fix this issue.

I have created a form and would like to use the same form fields on a similar document. Normally, I could just open the "Prepare Form" tool on both documents (in separate tabs), select the fields I want to use, COPY (CTRL+C), then switch tabs to the other document and Paste (CTRL+V). From there, I could move the fields into their correct positions. 

Today, however, after copying and pasting, I CANNOT move the fields. I cannot delete them. I cannot use the "Align", "Center", "Match Size", nor "Distribute" functions. This is extremely frustrating as I often reuse forms with similar fields to save time. I do not want to have to create each individual field every single time I duplicate a form. I have tried restarting the program and my computer and nothing has worked.

Thank you in advance.

Program/Computer Details:

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (most recent version)

Windows 10 Pro v.1903

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Barbara Ash | Adobe Community Professional

I'm not able to replicate this issue. It works fine on my computer. In Position properties for the form fields, is Locked turned on? Are you in Form Editing mode by clicking the Prepare Form icon?  What happens if instead of copy/pasting the form fields, you use Organize Pages and replace the underlying page with the new document -- are you then able to edit the form fields?

TOPICS
Create PDFs, General troubleshooting, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no idea that my fields could get "Locked". That was the issue! Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having this issue and it's incredibly frustrating. My copy/paste simply doesn't work anymore for form fields, even though it worked hours ago. In both documents I have Prepare Form activated, but the form fields simply don't copy or paste, no matter if I use keyboard shortcuts, right-clicking the mouse, or using the Edit menu. Please help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check if they are locked, as described above?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did check, and the fields are not locked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0