• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat holds file and folder open even after closed

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat (Pro DC subscription) holds files and folders open after they are closed. Furthermore, if the user closes Adobe Acrobat, the file or folder is still open. Every user has this problem, but it goes unnoticed by most users because they assume the file/folder is closed because it LOOKS like it is closed and since they don't need to do anything after the fact with the pdf file or the folder it is in, the file being held eventually goes away, even though in some cases it holds for days.

But... two departments use workflows that require renaming files or folders after editing a PDF. As you can imagine, this is a SERIOUS issue and work stopper that is causing major problems.

The user often saves the files to a network location and I can confirm that the Windows 2016 server that it is located on is NOT showing the file or the folder as open, but I cannot delete either the file or the folder off of the server! (Even though the shares do not show any files or folders open, when I try to delete it gives an error saying it is open!) I have to REBOOT THE SERVER in order to gain control of the file or folder! (Powershell with remove-item with -force doesn't work!) This does not happen with NUANCE Power PDF software. I am recommending that everyone convert to Power PDF but they don't want to because they don't want to learn a new interface. If this isn't fixed, they may not have a choice because it is causing serious issues in their workflow. 

Is this just poor programming on the part of Adobe and if so, will it ever be fixed? I've seen other posts about this issue with no resolution. I also know that this is a serious issue since ALL of my users are running into it. 

Any help is appreciated!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are more than 500 userso accessing those sceured folders off of that server concurrently?

Also, are some of the users that use Acrobat using any type of roaming ussr profles behind a virtual machine?

What happens if the if you disable Thumbnail Preview, and Protected Mode at Startup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines