• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat: How to pin the Page Thumbnails screen?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really getting sick of Adobe either hiding this feature from version to version or removing it and bringing it back.  To me this seems like it should be a standard feature since if you have the version of Acrobat that can edit PDF files you'll probably be moving pages around and/or adding them.

Basically I want the "Page Thumbnails" plane to stay open permenantly.  No matter what file I open (a new / never opened file, something I worked on, an online PDF, etc, etc) I want to see the "Page Thumbnails" screen opened automatically every time I open a PDF.  I do not want to click on anything on the left side of the screen to open this plane manually.  

In one of the previous versions I had, the "Pin Thumbnails Plane" option was in a drop down menu directly below the "Page" heading when the "Page Thumbnails" plane is open.  I got a new computer and re-downloaded Acrobat and now I have Adobe Acrobat Standard DC Version 2019.021.20061 and this option is not there anymore.  Anyone know where Adobe hide this feature in their latest version?

Thanks in advance.

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same place

2020-01-08_12-03-23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for finding this for me but that's not the same place as I described.  I had to right click (sorry I forgot to mention I'm on a PC) on the Page Thumbnails icon to find this option.

Still big thanks for the screenshot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that's exactly what was done in the screenshot above...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking anywhere in the column of icons brings up the menu. It pins the currently open tab regardless of the icon you happen to be on or even if you are in the blank area. If no tab is open, you don't get the option. That's the way it's been since the feature was added.

I do share a bit of your frustration though. To call this feature "intuitive" is... being generous. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I've been "banging my head against the wall" for the past 2 years of using DC while longing for the "old days" of desktop Acrobat which allowed me to Pin Tumbnails. Per previous reviewer, all I need to do was to Right-Click the Pages icon to open the options. You just made my day/week/month/year!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I've been "banging my head against the wall" for the past 2 years of using DC while longing for the "old days" of desktop Acrobat which allowed me to Pin Tumbnails. So relieved to discover that all I needed to do was to Right-Click the Pages icon to open the options. You just made my day/week/month/year!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Joel! Oh my gosh, the obscure step revealed in your elegant screenshot will save me countless mouse clicks and time!  (Acrobat Pro DC 2021.005.20048)   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have adobe acrobat Pro DC 2015 release(classic) and this option is not there. Would really love to have the Pane show up everytime I open an pdfScreenshot 2020-08-07 10.54.25.pngScreenshot 2020-08-07 10.50.02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option is not available in this old version of Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines