Highlighted

Acrobat in startup delays loading

New Here ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am happy to use Adobe Acrobat DC but since I installed it my loading time at startup increased considerably.  The following Adobe apps load at startup:  AcroTray (high impact), Adobe Collaboration Synchronizer 20.9 (high impact), Adobe GC Invoker Utility (low impact), CCX Process (medium impact) and Creative Cloud Desktop (high impact). My questions are:

(i)   what are each of these for?

(ii)  are all required at startup?

(iii) if not present at startup, will they not load when I first run Adobe?

(iv)  will disabling (any of) them in Win 10/Settings/Startup work or will the app re-enable them when Adobe is run?

I am most grateful for a comprehensive reply from one of the expert members of the Adobe Community, which I believe might be useful to many users.

Topics

General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat in startup delays loading

New Here ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am happy to use Adobe Acrobat DC but since I installed it my loading time at startup increased considerably.  The following Adobe apps load at startup:  AcroTray (high impact), Adobe Collaboration Synchronizer 20.9 (high impact), Adobe GC Invoker Utility (low impact), CCX Process (medium impact) and Creative Cloud Desktop (high impact). My questions are:

(i)   what are each of these for?

(ii)  are all required at startup?

(iii) if not present at startup, will they not load when I first run Adobe?

(iv)  will disabling (any of) them in Win 10/Settings/Startup work or will the app re-enable them when Adobe is run?

I am most grateful for a comprehensive reply from one of the expert members of the Adobe Community, which I believe might be useful to many users.

Topics

General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

we are sorry for the trouble and the delay in response.

As described the application is freezing op opening, What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC you are using? To check the version please go to Help > Check for Updates
Make sure you have the latest version 20.009.20065 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates

If it still doesn't work, please create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF