• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Interactive Form Tax Calculation

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm currently a college student working on a project to create an interactive PDF form using a combination of InDesign and Acrobat.  So far I have everything figured out; however, I'm trying to figure out how to format the invoice form to calculate an 8.25% sales tax rate using the information in a "Subtotal" field (the Subtotal being the sum of 3 other fields).  Unfortunately, I have not found what formula to use to calculate the sales tax.  Attached are what I have so far.  I have used "Subtotal 1*0.0825", "Subtotal1*0.0825", and "Subtotal1*.0825" in both the Simplified field notation and the Custom calculation script sections and am unsure of where I'm going wrong.  Thank you for any help in advanced!

unknown.pngunknown2.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

If you're going to use space characters in the field names, you have to escape them with a backslash when using the simplified field notation option, like this:

Subtotal\ 1 * 0.0825

I'd personally remove the space from the field name though. They just cause trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Acrobat forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, thank you! I'm still figuring out how to use this forum since this is the first time using any forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, be sure to set the field calculation order. If you don't know what this means, post again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're going to use space characters in the field names, you have to escape them with a backslash when using the simplified field notation option, like this:

Subtotal\ 1 * 0.0825

I'd personally remove the space from the field name though. They just cause trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the help!! This worked perfectly.  I'll definitely keep that in mind for future forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines