Acrobat is terrible

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been a long-time user of Photoshop and XD. But I have to say, Acrobat DC is hands down the worst Adobe product out there. Riddled with bugs, it often crashes while saving files. In fact, one of my files is now corrupt and unable to to be used. Thankfully, I have a backup. I'll stick with Photoshop, but I will never use any Adode products for PDFs ever again.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have used every version of Acrobat Pro since there was no 'Pro', Acrobat 2, in fact.  Some versions were better than others, and they have removed some things that I liked, but overall it is a good product, in my opinion.  I have never had it 'eat' a file in all these years.  I have seen it behave oddly on other people's machines, and it has turned out to be their overall OS/application environment that goes sour.  If your issues are on your machine, and you have the opportunity to try it on another, do so.  Perhaps run the Repair Installation from the Help menu too.

I've used many PDF tools from lots of companies.  Some work pretty well, but the Adobe product is best, and gives the most robust experience.  There are many capabilities that I would ONLY trust in Acrobat Pro, frankly.

Give the repair idea a shot and see if that helps.

My best,

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines