• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat is unable to connect to your email program

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2009 Jun 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done a fair amount of research with little to no success on this issue. I am using latest version of Mozilla Thunderbird and works just fine on my WinXP machine. I am currently running Vista Ultimate. Version of Acrobat is 9.1.1 [after recent update]. I have already done the basic troubleshooting (i.e. Set Thunderbird as default mail client within Vista and Thunderbird).

Acrobat is the only program I am having issue's with in this regard. Every other program I have recognizes Thunderbird as the default program. I've done a complete un-install w/complete registry cleanup, re-boot, re-install and update with still no light at the end of the tunnel.

Any other idea's would be greatly appreciated....Adobe have a "Default Mail Client install program"?? I do not see any settings within Acrobat under the "Preferences" tab.

Thank You

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 01, 2010 Feb 01, 2010

I found a way to make this work. It boils down to setting Thunderbird as default in a very specific way - even if you think it already is the default, it will only work in this way. I'm using Windows 7 Profssional and Acrobat Pro 9.0.

Here' how: Start > Default Programs > Set program access and computer  defaults > Custom (expand this) > Choose a default e-mail program

Then, click on 'Thunderbird'. - 'Use my current email program' won't do it, even if Thunderbird is already your default.

I can now

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat has only a few email clients it supports. I can only guess that the new Thunderbird is not among the clients it supports. If you want it to support Thunderbird:  https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that some of the e-mail issues had been improved with AA9. You are likely running into the issue that is why we do not recommend e-mail submission of forms. E-mail interaction depends on the settings of the client and in the past has required MAPI to be active on the system to activate e-mail. I have heard that some of the web clients have worked, but I am not sure if that is because they use MAPI or what. In any case, look for MAPI. You might do a search in the manual (HELP) to see if MAPI comes up. It does in older versions of Acrobat. Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thank you all for your responses. I guess the pill that I have a hard time swallowing is that this exact configuration exists flawlessly on my XP machine yet, on my Vista machine, it doesn't even recognize there being a default program. AA8 worked just fine on my Vista machine (as well as played nicely with Thunderbird). I am not a programmer but, seems relatively simple for the two (2) programs to talk to each other. Sounds like it uses a "Mailto:" protocol yet...regardless of what the system has set....AA9 doesn't recognize it...

Is Adobe.com Tech's aware of this issue? I did a search through the KB and didn't find much...

Thanks again for your assistance..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to set your email program to use MAPI. This is listed in the Acrobat JS API Reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After doing some research, TB is capable of SimpleMAPI not, ExtendedMAPI. If anyone know's of a setting within TB to change this, I'd be ever so grateful however, looking like this isn't going to work on my Vista machine....once again, still stuck with the issue that both scenario's are identical, with the exception of the OS.....with XP working and Vista not.....regardless of MAPI settings, etc....as....it seems to have no effect on my  XP machine and I only use TB as a mail client. All others removed or un-installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, Acrobat only requires simple MAPI. That is all I use with my mail package. The question is if any form of MAPI is active?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2009 Jun 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to TB KB's and Forums's, MAPI is automatically activated once you set it as default mail program. In the event of a corrupt file, I did delete and re-install TB last night....AA9 still does not recognize TB as a mail program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2010 Feb 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a way to make this work. It boils down to setting Thunderbird as default in a very specific way - even if you think it already is the default, it will only work in this way. I'm using Windows 7 Profssional and Acrobat Pro 9.0.

Here' how: Start > Default Programs > Set program access and computer  defaults > Custom (expand this) > Choose a default e-mail program

Then, click on 'Thunderbird'. - 'Use my current email program' won't do it, even if Thunderbird is already your default.

I can now email my pdf documents from Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2010 Feb 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH for this solution, qertw22!! That setting of the default email program worked like a charm! I have been irritated by this problem since buying my Windows 7 setup 3 months ago. You're a genius!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2010 Feb 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep in mind that if you create forms with a "mailto:" submission, you have no control over fixing the e-mail problems on a client machine as you have just done for yourself. Your problem is a good example of why not to use e-mail submission.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2010 Mar 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!!!!! This solved it for me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2010 Mar 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to mark your answer as CORRECT, but it is CORRECT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2010 Apr 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right on gertw22! You solved it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2010 Aug 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the solution! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2010 Aug 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2011 Apr 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done gertw22, that is the answer I needed. Fixed my problem on win7 with Thunderbird 3.1.9 and Acrobat pro 9.4.3. Several of the other answers listed here were not helpful or even bad advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2011 Oct 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

gertw22 wrote:

I can now email my pdf documents from Acrobat.

This solution worked perfectly for me!!  Thank you so much for your advice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2010 Mar 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES, this solved my problem, too. I started having problems when I changed to Windows 7. I was so frustrated to see that I had LOST functionality. Now I'm a happy camper. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2010 Mar 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running into the same problem except I am running Thunderbird version 2.0.0.24 on a Windows XP machine. The pdf form was created using Acrobat 9 Pro, but it doesn't matter if I try to fill it using Acrobat reader 9 or Acrobat Pro--both just seem to see Microsoft Outlook.  Other things find Thunderbird just fine--mailto links in websitesfrom both Firefox and IE, and hyperlinks in Word documents.  I have double-checked the default mail program in the control panel, and checked that Outlook Express knows it is NOT the default mail program, but I could not find a similar function in Outlook.  I've tried downloading and running the DefaultMail freeware program that was suggested on the MozillaZine KB, but that didn't seem to help either.  Anybody got any suggestions??  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2010 Nov 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must go to this link,

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/963707

remove .NET Framework Assistant plug in Firefox

Delete this and it will work...again, took me weeks to figure it out!

It is a plugin your friends at Microsoft secretly add to your Windows registry without permission to make your Mozilla Software go wacked,

That way they get frustrated and intice you to go back IE and OE

Not me!!!!!!!!!!

Hint: Do not delete the whole Foundation folder just the NPWPF.dll in it.

MIcrosoft wants you to delete the whole Folder, do not do it just the .dll file in it

This will also help you copy and paste in Firefox again and will make your default e-mail client e-mail with T-Bird again & not OE

Microsoft updates - are't they great? - NOT - turn them off - "automatic"ally for good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 18, 2010 Aug 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too.  Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2010 Nov 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must go to this link,

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/963707

remove .NET Framework Assistant plug in Firefox

Delete this and it will work...again, took me weeks to figure it out!

It  is a plugin your friends at Microsoft secretly add to your Windows  registry without permission to make your Mozilla Software go wacked,

That way they get frustrated and intice you to go back to IE and OE

Not me!!!!!!!!!!

Hint: Do not delete the whole Foundation folder just the NPWPF.dll in it.

MIcrosoft wants you to delete the whole Folder, do not do it just the .dll file in it

This  will also help you copy and paste in Firefox again and will make your  default e-mail client e-mail with T-Bird again & not OE

Microsoft updates - aren't they great? - NOT - turn them off - "automatic"ally for good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2010 Dec 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am having similar problem. Recently updated from MAC Office 2008 to MAC Office 2011. Acrobat (9.4.1) initially asked me "Where is Entourage?" and when I selected Outlook 2011 nothing happened. Now when I select Attach to Email, I simply get an error message "An error occurred while trying to create a mail document.  Acrobat is unable to complete your request."

I have checked the MAC Mail system preferences and they are set with Outlook as the default email service.

Any ideas?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 11, 2011 Jan 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://objectmix.com/adobe-acrobat/250279-problem-attaching-file-email.html

Not sure if this will help but you can try if you are comfortable using the
registry editor

. Some how Vista does not seem to set the default email
client properly for other programs to use. I found this out when trying to
send email from within Adobe acrobat like yourself.

From start menu Run/regedit and open it

Then go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail

In the right pane you sill see a value (default). Right click on that and
select modify. If Windows Mail is not in there then type it in and
close the editor.

In my case it had Outlook and was opening Outlook even though WM was my
default client

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines