• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat is very slow

Participant ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I start Acrobat it takes a long time to start, sometimes the windows are blank, there s the interminable spinning wheel and them the page opens.

Scrolling takes a long time between pages and quitting sometimes hangs (with spinning wheel).

It appears that Acrobat may be being influenced by internet connections, cloud or whatever but this has been happening for a while and through a few past releases as well.

I like acrobat and have been using it since the year dot, but this behaviour is starting to be a pain.

Am using a MacPro, 8 core 64GB RAM

Haven't tried deleting Acrobat, preferences etc and reinstalling

Look forward to some help and guidance

Ron

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Hello Ron,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, Acrobat Pro is running slow on your Mac machine, Is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing the updates.

Uncheck these two options from Edit>Preferences>General> and uncheck Show online Storage when opening files and Show online storage when saving files and see if this brings any difference.

Try resetting the preferences of Acrob

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ron,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, Acrobat Pro is running slow on your Mac machine, Is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing the updates.

Uncheck these two options from Edit>Preferences>General> and uncheck Show online Storage when opening files and Show online storage when saving files and see if this brings any difference.

Try resetting the preferences of Acrobat once, to reset the preferences, please refer to How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

Reboot the machine and see if this brings any difference.

If the issue persists, please share the following details:

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anand

Thankyou very much for your help.

Both Acrobat and Mac OS are up to date.

I found 8 other plist files ie "com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist.HsWS7G7", "com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist.uBaczGJ" etc.

Looks like these could have been hangovers from previous updates?

Deleted them all, rebooted and Acrobat is once again FAST, thankyou.

Just checked my wife's iMac and Acrobat is performing as it should.

Impressed with the quick response to my problem, I take back any dark thoughts I had.

Have a great week

Regards

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ron,

Great! Good to hear that the issue got fixed and you are back on track. Nice job troubleshooting that.

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anand,

How do you track down/delete additional PLIST files? How do you kno which one your machine is using?

Im running windows 10

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ron,

What folder path did you find these plist files? I've been experiencing the same issues for a while and is a HUGE hand up in mywork flow. Would love to find out where you found these to solve the problem.

thanks!

Anh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

take a look in ~/Library/Preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same slow issues, but cannot locate the /Library/Preferences directory in Win10. Can you provide the full path, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have taken this program and created an absolutely bloated piece of garbage. Moving my company and 20 employees to bluebeam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DC or acrobat has ALWAYS been painfully slow-  at least since they converted to CC - so we are talking 10 years-ish. And it is not a setting on the users end-  this is a problem endemic to the ADOBEs DC acrobat code.  

I would have expected a response form Adobe like " oh yes, we have bugged that issue and are working on it"

since its been brought up for the last upteen years.  I mean it's not like you do not know what we are talking about, is it?  

Surely you can read forums...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why this page is so slow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Khan

I did on the 9th

Best Regards

Ron Frew

[Personal info removed by Mod: website address] Note: Please do not share the email address, phone number or any personal details on the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im experiencing this problem too. as soon as it was updated, it does work anymore. just for ever idleing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm way late to the game, but I have some good news. If you press Control-F to open search, wait for it to finally load, then press the gears button next to the text field. Turn off Cloud Search by un-checking the option. I just found out about this in another message thread and it works for me.

Adobe is trying way too hard, and their bloat is making me consider alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pressed Control+F and only got a very small input window with no gears button.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Express lives up to its name and loads instantly.  All the others I have take a l-o-n-g time to load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm.  I am not Buffalo One but am Codybase.   Strange

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our company recently purchased the last version of Adobe Acrobat Pro, it works very slowly and does not respont when I want to convert the pdf file which has more than 90 pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same. I'm using the latest version on the latest Apple M2 chip. Here is a screenshot below. Overall the Adobe Reader still feels sluggish. I was expecting something more fluid, smooth like other apps. I prefer to use the default Preview Mac App unless I stuck with something.

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 12.56.19 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines