• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Licensing Application

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Licensing Application is blank so I cannot sign it.  What do I do?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

I had this problem for a new user account. After initially getting them to sign-in and enter D.o.B. I then could not accept the EULA because there was no button. After trying the offered Solutions that did not help, I changed the password of the user and was then able to login.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble. As described the Acrobat Licensing Application is blank.

We need some more information for a better understanding.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC you are trying to use?

Are you on a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version of the OS?

Please share the screenshot of the licensing window for a better understanding.

You may please take a look at the help article Resolve the missing or unclickable Accept button in EULA and see if that works for you.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem: the Acrobat Licensing Application window is blank.

I am on a new Mac with macOS 10.15.6 using Acrobat 2020 Pro Student&Teacher. I have just migrated all data and applications including Acrobat from an old Mac. It worked fine on the old Mac. Now with the new Mac, I have problems.

Initially, I tried it with my normal user account (with admin rights). I guess because it's on new hardware Acrobat wants to activate the license again, but I didn't get beyond the empty Acrobat Licensing Application window.

I have tried various things like starting Acrobat with sudo or setting permissions on the folder ~/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/OOBE  to 0777. Nothing helped. I have uninstalled twice and installed again. Once even moving the complete Adobe folder in Application Support away. No change.

Eventuelly, I logged in another admin account (not root) which never used Acrobat before and there at least I was able to do the activation. Now, at least, I can use Acrobat even with my normal account.

However, I am still not able to sign in. When I click "Sign In" in Acrobat it opens the Acrobat Licensing Application Sign In page, where I click the "Sign In" button. But then I end up again with the empty window. All I can do is quit the application which gives me a warning, if I am sure. So something is still broken...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are soory for the trouble.

Please try the steps provided in the help article https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/unable-to-accept-end-user-license.html for Mac OS and see if that works for you.

Hope it will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a standalone Acrobat 2020 Student Teacher Edition. Thus, I don't have the Application Manager.

I have deleted the file _LicenseAgreement.xml and started Acrobat. (Before I even deleted the whole Adobe folder in the Application Support). I see the EULA window. But again, after that, if I want to sign in I get the empty window of the Acrobat Licensing Application. So it makes no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry for the delay in response. Please try to enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and see if its working fine there.

If it still doesn't work, please remove the application using the cleaner tool https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html, reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I wrote before: I have created a new account with admin rights and installed it there and it's working. I can activate and sign in. Yet, in my normal user account (with admin rights) I am still not able to sign in, although at least I can use Acrobat.

I have deinstalled multiple times. I have also used the cleaner multiple times. No change: with my normal user account I am neither able to activate a new installation nor can I sign in if I do the activation in the other admin account.

I don't see how the root account will be any different then the new admin acount I have created. It'll work there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

As the application is working fine in the new user account, it seems to be some issue with the normal user accout.There isn't much that we can do in this case. Please try to repair the profile and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was working fine on my old Mac. Then I migrated. I signed out on the old Mac and tried to sign in on the new Mac.

What am I supposed to repair in "the profile". I don't know all the files Acrobat or that Licensing Manager wants to read or write. It's obviously some Acrobat issue. I have tried to delete everything with "Adobe" or "Acro" in the name from the Library at some point, but no change. So what I am supposed to "repair". There is nothing broken but the Licensing Manager.

If that AcroLicApp was able to give some more useful error messages instead of simply posting an exception without pointer to what's the cause.

error	10:03:28.735982+0200	AcroLicApp	*** -[__NSDictionaryM setObject:forKey:]: object cannot be nil (key: device_id)
error	10:03:28.741518+0200	AcroLicApp	(
	0   CoreFoundation                      0x00007fff313f7b57 __exceptionPreprocess + 250
	1   libobjc.A.dylib                     0x00007fff6a0a55bf objc_exception_throw + 48
	2   CoreFoundation                      0x00007fff314a659e -[__NSCFString characterAtIndex:].cold.1 + 0
	3   CoreFoundation                      0x00007fff314b110c -[__NSDictionaryM setObject:forKey:].cold.3 + 0
	4   CoreFoundation                      0x00007fff31335299 -[__NSDictionaryM setObject:forKey:] + 976
	5   AcroLicApp                          0x000000010675deac _ZN11SignInQuery12GetSignInURLEP8NSStringS1_ + 124
	6   AcroLicApp                          0x000000010673cc38 _ZN14AcroLicPRTKLib5GetSNEv + 81000
	7   AppKit                              0x00007fff2e74e213 -[NSViewController _sendViewWillAppear] + 40
	8   AppKit                              0x00007fff2e605075 -[NSView _setWindow:] + 251
	9   AppKit                              0x00007fff2e6108d8 -[NSView addSubview:] + 216
	10  AcroLicApp                          0x0000000106739119 _ZN14AcroLicPRTKLib5GetSNEv + 65865
	11  AppKit                              0x00007fff2e82e7a7 -[NSApplication(NSResponder) sendAction:to:from:] + 299
	12  AppKit                              0x00007fff2e82e642 -[NSControl sendAction:to:] + 86
	13  AppKit                              0x00007fff2e82e574 __26-[NSCell _sendActionFrom:]_block_invoke + 136
	14  AppKit                              0x00007fff2e82e476 -[NSCell _sendActionFrom:] + 171
	15  AppKit                              0x00007fff2e82e3bd -[NSButtonCell _sendActionFrom:] + 96
	16  AppKit                              0x00007fff2e82a69b NSControlTrackMouse + 1745
	17  AppKit                              0x00007fff2e829fa2 -[NSCell trackMouse:inRect:ofView:untilMouseUp:] + 130
	18  AppKit                              0x00007fff2e829e61 -[NSButtonCell trackMouse:inRect:ofView:untilMouseUp:] + 691
	19  AppKit                              0x00007fff2e8291dd -[NSControl mouseDown:] + 748
	20  AppKit                              0x00007fff2e8275f0 -[NSWindow(NSEventRouting) _handleMouseDownEvent:isDelayedEvent:] + 4914
	21  AppKit                              0x00007fff2e791e21 -[NSWindow(NSEventRouting) _reallySendEvent:isDelayedEvent:] + 2612
	22  AppKit                              0x00007fff2e7911c9 -[NSWindow(NSEventRouting) sendEvent:] + 349
	23  AppKit                              0x00007fff2e78f554 -[NSApplication(NSEvent) sendEvent:] + 352
	24  AppKit                              0x00007fff2e5dc5bf -[NSApplication run] + 707
	25  AppKit                              0x00007fff2e5ae396 NSApplicationMain + 777
	26  AcroLicApp                          0x000000010675a0f0 main + 736
	27  libdyld.dylib                       0x00007fff6b24dcc9 start + 1
	28  ???                                 0x0000000000000006 0x0 + 6
)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem for a new user account. After initially getting them to sign-in and enter D.o.B. I then could not accept the EULA because there was no button. After trying the offered Solutions that did not help, I changed the password of the user and was then able to login.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @andrewb71203753 

Hope you are doing well, we are glad to hear that the issue got fixed.

Spread the word and help others by marking the correct answer so future users can benefit from your experience.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case anybody else is having the same issue after changing their Mac, another thread contains a potentially valid solution (n:o 3 worked for me. Old Keychain data from backup messes up the licensing process on a new Mac)

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/acrobat-is-asking-me-to-sign-in-but-in-a-blank-ac...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines