• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat only Scanning First Page

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat had been working great until today.  I was scanning multipage documents no problem.  Now, out of the blue, acrobat will pull all of the pages through the scanner but only first page shows up scanned within acrobat.  I can add single pages to that original scan but I want to scan multi-page documents all at once again.  I uninstalled and re-installed my printer/scanner and still no luck.  I am going to try and uninstall and reinstall acrobat here shortly.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Hi,

This issue stands fixed now.

Please check for the updates.

This should work fine now with this release of Acrobat.

Thanks for the patience.

Regards,

Gaurav Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Hi All,

Thanks for your time and patience and for your cooperation on this.

As correctly mentioned by Gaurav, the fix is available with the latest update of Acrobat version 20.009.20065, please install the latest update from the help menu of the application>select check for updates, reboot application and try scanning.

For detailed information about the latest update, please see the Release notes.

Please let us know if you experience any issues.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or PC (and what release)?

What version of Acrobat (and what release)?

Model of Scanner?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC. Acrobat Pro DC. 20.009.20063. Dell C1765NFW

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Atari

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, you are only able to scan the first page of the Multipage PDF file.

++ Adding to the discussion

We need some more information for a better understanding:

• Are you using the Windows machine or Mac?
  • What is the OS version?

Please try to reset the preferences to default as described in the help article (https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...) and see if that helps.

Also please try to update the printer/scanner driver and firmware and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had tried all of that and nothing worked excpet rolling back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi atari56, 

Any chance you can share how you were able to roll back? I'm having this same issue today and have invested hours already troubleshooting with no progress.

Working from home is tough enough, but now losing a critical function like scanning multipage docs is devastating.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I am able to scan one page at a time but not multiple pages. Please explain how I can "roll back" Adobe to a prior version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Windows 10 Pro 1909, Build 18363.836
  • Acrobat 2020.009.20063

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, that seems to be a bad link.  But in any case, it seems that default settings is not the problem?  But rather, we need Adobe to create a fix?  Or tell us an easy way to revert to a previous version?  Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Running Windows 10 64 bit. Xerox Documate 3640 scanner. No issues for years. I have uninstalled, and reinstalled both Acrobat and the scanner driver. If I scan 2 pages at a time it works, but anything more than that the docs feed through the scanner no problem, but the message on the screen freezes at optimizing page 1 of 1. Acoboat won't let you close because the software thinks you are still scanning. Only way out is to force close, but the scan is lost. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Can you please share the workflow you did and the settings you applied before running into Scan.

Thanks,

Gaurav Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is Adobe fixing the problem ADC-4302718 ? Cannot scan multiple pages without the program freezing up, showing it is optimizing page 1 of 1, even where optimizing not sought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

there are multiple threads with slightly different topics, all describing the same issue. It came with the patch 20.009.20063. Possible workaround for the moment: return to previous version. For me it worked.

BR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  I waited on hold with adobe tech support for an hour yesterday before online tech support became available and walked me through the roll back procedures.  Adobe needs a simpler way to rollback to prior versions.

The bug ID for this issue is ADC-4302718

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the procedure for rolling back this patch?

I can't seem to find that process.

Not like finding ANYTHING useful within Adobe products can be done easily anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When do we get a fix?  This is a MAJOR problem when dealing with a lot of documents to scan.  Spent hours today trying to resolve an issue that is apparently an Adobe issue.  A fix would be appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Giving foxit phantom a trial till all this is sorted. Might be dropping adobe if there isn't a fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have at least 3 users all seeing this same issue.  As a work around they are using Windows Fax and Scan to scan in the pages.  Then go to Scanned Documents under the Documents folder (Windows).  Right click on the scanned file and choose Convert to a PDF document.  May not work for everyone of course.  But it is working for the few that I have using Fujitsu fi-6110 scanners.  Not too bad a workaround but it would be nice to get this fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just saying - Me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This issue is escalated and we trying to release fix as soon as possible.

I'll update on the thread as soon as the fix is out.

Thanks,

Gaurav Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates?   My entire organization is now unable to scan!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Gaurev.

bp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using the fi-6130 scanner with Adobe DC. The problem first showed up last Thursday( 05/14/20), when I tried to scan the document, the adobe would freeze on optimizing page 1/1, I have to force closed it using task manager. tried it a couple of times, and the problems still persist. my scanner driver and adobe DC are both up to date.

The next day, the scanner was working only when I tried to scan using 400 dpi, or else Adobe would freeze.

Today, the problem worsens, tried to scan 12 pages document, adobe start to optimized after the first page, took a long time for the optimizing box to go away, and it only scans one page of my document. I tried to roll back to the previous version and reinstall scanner software, nothing work so far. 

I am going to reinstall Adobe to see if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

No reinstall, won't help.

We are trying hard to get fix out.

Please expect fix soon.

Thanks,

Gaurav Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines