Highlighted

Acrobat (or printer?) shrinking images

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I'm having an issue where either my Acrobat DC or my printer driver is shrinking images.  

For example, say a customer sends me a photo with a large image size and they want it shrunk and printed as a 5x7.  The aspect ratio of their image fits a 5x7 so it's no problem.  Let's say I want to print this image on an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper.  I go into my printer properties and say that the document size is 5x7 and the paper size is 8.5x11.  Back on the Adobe print screen, I hit "fit" in the page sizing and everything should be good to go.  The image always prints out smaller.  I'm not having Acrobat add any marks or bleeds or anything.  It's like the software still wants to account for printing margin and shrinks it.

This only happens on my Ricoh 5200.  I have a Ricoh7100 that has no issues with this.  Naturally, I figured it was an issue with the print driver but my tech is scratching his head.  So I figured I'd post the problem on the Adobe forums to see if anyone had any idea.

Thanks all!

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat (or printer?) shrinking images

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I'm having an issue where either my Acrobat DC or my printer driver is shrinking images.  

For example, say a customer sends me a photo with a large image size and they want it shrunk and printed as a 5x7.  The aspect ratio of their image fits a 5x7 so it's no problem.  Let's say I want to print this image on an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper.  I go into my printer properties and say that the document size is 5x7 and the paper size is 8.5x11.  Back on the Adobe print screen, I hit "fit" in the page sizing and everything should be good to go.  The image always prints out smaller.  I'm not having Acrobat add any marks or bleeds or anything.  It's like the software still wants to account for printing margin and shrinks it.

This only happens on my Ricoh 5200.  I have a Ricoh7100 that has no issues with this.  Naturally, I figured it was an issue with the print driver but my tech is scratching his head.  So I figured I'd post the problem on the Adobe forums to see if anyone had any idea.

Thanks all!

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 20, 2020 0

Have something to add?