• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat PDF / Page Transitions Not Displaying or Working / Acrobat Pro DC

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF not showing transitions when in full-screen view?

====

A PDF that includes page transitions of  "Fade" and "Slow" on ALL pages is no longer showing the transitions. The full screen view only jumps (like a jump-cut) to the next page, it does not do the smooth transition I normally expected.

What might I be doing wrong?
Image of the settings I nromally use and my Mac specs below.

Replies appreciated!

-- SEAN

Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 11.42.49 AM.png

Specs for me //

• OS = Big Sur 11.0.1
• Adobe Acrobat Pro DC = Continous Release 2020.013.20064
• MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019, 2.4GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9) 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
• Graphics Radeon Pro 560X 4GB

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now have an open case-number with Adobe support. We have escalated to "Tier 2" — I am suspecting that the upgrade to Big Sur OS is causing a confict (but I'm not a trained professional). I will post here once they are able to get back to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

It's a Bug / They are fixing many / Told to contact them again on Monday December 14th, 2020.

DETAILS:

The chat support team from Adobe has confirmed that although this does not seem to be on the "official" bug list, it is an issue caused by the update to Mac OS Big Sur 11.0.1. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 10.32.37 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 10.33.42 AM.jpg

REASON WE CARE ABOUT PAGE TRANSITIONS:
It lets me use native professional level software to generate a client-ready (page transition playing) presentation. Lets us use the same PROFESSIONAL InDesign authoring file for other production needs too. I find the page transitions to be important, as it puts Acrobat Pro in class with PowerPoint or Keynote. I hate craking-open Keynote or PowerPoint, and love using this to avoid it. We hope this feature works as-expected soon.

We are keeping our support ticket open, and I will follow-up again on Monday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried a lot to solve the problem. Good to see that it is a bug. 
Were are a month further. Is there any news?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

btw: the transitions don't show on ipad as wel. On Windows 10 no problems with the same documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No update. Unfortunately, I'll have to follow this up. Seems an iOS issue for sure. Please report to support too? Maybe then we can get attention. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to all, Ok I have the same problem. I tried with Lightroom and Bridge to assemble a PDF with TRANSITION. When I open it with Acrobat Reader there is no transition:( So I read from your research that this only with Mac 11.2.1. Thank you. I hope Adobe and Mac find's a way to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is def an Adobe Acrobat on iOS issue. I hope someone from Adobe notices that "transitions" between pages no longer function. All they do is jump to the next page, no fades.

I've given-up for now, but every time I see an iOS update or an Adobe Acrobat update I cross my fingers. 

I'll continue to reply and promise to come back if I hear anything more about it. Keep upvoting and replying, maybe we'll get noticed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sean, hope Adobe and Apple find a way to fix this. I also move on…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problem. Good to hear that it's not my mistake. But it sure would be nice to have it fixed. Hellooo Adobe -- are you listening?!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe

It would appear that you have an issue here and there are many of us that are getting quite frustrated with the intergration between the new OS update and your software. Please pay this the atention it deserves we all pay you guys a lot of money each month for a service that is slipping...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening to me since last year (2020). I eventually bought a new macbook, installed the latest adobe CC, but the issue remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost 7 months since the original post, and this issue still persists.

All of my Adobe CC apps (including Acrobat Pro DC) are up-to-date, and I'm running the most recent version of Mac OS Big Sur — 11.2.3.

It would be great if Adobe could fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9 months after the original post and still no fix?  Hello Adobe are you listening???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to see an Adobe rep reply to us too. This has limited the functionality of PDFs — I miss being able to wow a client with smooth transitions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9 months after the original post and still no fix?  Hello Adobe are you listening???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't realise this was a thing until I tried the page transitions for a doc I'm presenting on Friday to a bunch of stakeholders! No biggie Adobe.

9mths and no word from Adobe? That's not good.

A true sense of a brand is how they react when things go wrong. Not right!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using macOS Catalina (10.15.7) and it doesn't work in this version either. Seems to be a very tricky bug for Adobe to fix, the three year anniversary for this bug report is just a few month away 😴

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, it should be "one year anniversary" of course. Still really bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was attempting to apply page transitions for a presentation I'm doing in an hour.
As it (obviously) wasn't working, I then googled it, and found this thread. So frustrating.
And we're now less than two months away from the one year anniversary of this post. How long can it possibly take to fix it Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if there's any update on this as it all seems to have gone quiet and I am only just having this problem since my employers bought me a new MacBook Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does seem ridiculous. I just hit this bug for the first time (hadn't needed transitions). Presentation is on Monday and I have no way to make this work. Guesss I'll import into Keynote or something, but come on Adobe. This is pretty important to a lot of professional designers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting you can't delete a comment, apparently? I hit the wrong "reply" button. Sorry to post it twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does seem ridiculous. I just hit this bug for the first time (hadn't needed transitions). Presentation is on Monday and I have no way to make this work. Guesss I'll import into Keynote or something, but come on Adobe. This is pretty important to a lot of professional designers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, this is not the first or only bug I'm seeing spoken of here on the forums... that are taking a very long time for resolution (hopefully).

I hope this gets fixed finally.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines