Highlighted

Acrobat Popup

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently downloaded Acrobat DC on my Windows using my university's license. I am unable to use the product due to a series of popups that come and go in a matter of seconds but keep there from being any interaction with the actual application. When going to exit out of the popups, the entire application closes out. I have installed the most recent update and have attempted to speak with the Adobe help line in order to get some sort of assistance. Installing and reinstalling did not seem to help either. Any guidance would be appreciated. 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat Popup

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently downloaded Acrobat DC on my Windows using my university's license. I am unable to use the product due to a series of popups that come and go in a matter of seconds but keep there from being any interaction with the actual application. When going to exit out of the popups, the entire application closes out. I have installed the most recent update and have attempted to speak with the Adobe help line in order to get some sort of assistance. Installing and reinstalling did not seem to help either. Any guidance would be appreciated. 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 10, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johnmar,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to install the application and getting multiple popups

Would you mind sharing the screenshot of the popups that you receive for a better understanding?

Please check for any missing/pending updates for Windows OS and try updating it and see if that makes any difference.

Also, please try creating a new test user profilw with full admin rights in Windows and try installing the application there and check.

If it still doesn't work, please try the following steps:

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for responding. Unfortunately I took all of these steps and was unable to get Acrobat to open without the popups. Attached is a screenshot of the popup, they appear for about 2 seconds before closing themselves out then reappearing. Like I mentioned earlier, clicking the "X" on the popup results in the entire application closing out. Same issue arises when downloading the version you recommended in the link you posted. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Would you mind sharing the screen recording of the issue for a better understanding?

Also, please try the folowing preference setting and see if that might work for you.

Go to Edit > Preferences > General > Under 'messages from Adobe' Uncheck 'Show me messages when I launch Acrobat'

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0