• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Poster printing with no margins

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat 20.006.20034 on a Windows machine. I have a PDF document that is very wide and that needs poster-printing (i.e. tiled) horizontally over several pages, but I am having difficulties with margins.

I scale the image so that it fits within the height of one page, and so that I only print a horizontal series. On the basis of my setting, it seems the Print dialog selects landscape/portait automatically, and ignores the associated buttons. Is that true?

When I print, with no labels or cut-marks, I get white margins of about 0.5cm on all pages, which makes it hard to join them together. This is going to be a frequent operation and so I don't want to resort to a guillotine. Is there a setting that I can change that will remove these margins?

I have also tried adjusting the Overlap field but I cannot see what it is doing. I expected it to print a certain amount of the document (default 0.005 in) on both adjoining pages to make alignment easier. Is this true?

TOPICS
How to , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is probably going to be more dependant on your printer capabilities than Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a Canon MG3600 Inkjet multifunction printer, but I don't see how margins are related to the model. When printing other documents, I can produce "borderless" output quite easily.

There were a number of questions in the original post because I find the Print dialog a little confusing. For instance, I can get from there to my normal Print preferences, where I can request "borderless" printing, but is that ignored in a similar way to the other settings I mentioned (see above)?

Is it possible to define a particular page setup (or "form") for the printer that I can select as a special page type from Acrobat? (I am not an expert on this stuff).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, some experimentation has allowed me to answer some parts of my own question, but only to throw other parts into deeper murk.

1) Yes, any explicit landscape/portrait selections are ignored by the Poster-print option. It decides for itself.
2) Via the 'Preferences' button I can get to my normal printer settings. If I select 'Borderless printing' there then it does affect the operation of the Poster-print.

However, the effect of the 'Overlap' field is a complete mystery. Varying this setting, I either get a white margin on one or both of adjoining sheets in the series of printed pages. Whether it's one or two, and what the sizes of the margins are, seems to bear no correlation to the active Overlap setting. If I also select 'Borderless printing' then it just complicates things even further.

Given that there is no real documentation for the Poster-print then I can only hope that someone in the community has inside knowledge of the algorithms being used, or extensive experience of trying to make it work themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been looking for answers for borderless printing myself 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines