• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Preflight reports - the "widths" array in a font has an invalid length

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to troubleshoot some documents for a customer that don't print correctly. When I run a modified version of the Digital Printing (Color) preflight profile in Acrobat Pro DC I get an error category named "Page Description Errors." Under that is a single entry that says "The 'Widths' array in a font has an invalid length" and when I expand that I see a bunch of instances of "Trigger values". When I expand one of the "Trigger values" all that is there looks like: { 29 0 obj }.

The other big issue with the file for prepress purposes is that none of the fonts have been embedded (711 instances on 4 pages). Does the first message mean that one or more of the fonts are corrupted and if so is there a way to figure out which one(s)?

I also have PitStop Pro 2019 licensed but any time I open it with one of these files I get a number of PitStop error messages that just say "Wrong Object Type" over and over until I force Acrobat to quit. Never seen this error before and I've been preflighting PDF files for almost 20 years.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?