• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro 2017 Install Problem on Catalina

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a CD version of Acrobat Pro 2017 to install on my new MacBook Pro running Catalina because my old Pro XI isn't compatible with the 64 GB Apple requirement.  I open the installer.pkg and press continue on the message about determining if the software can be installed.  I then see the introduction and press continue taking me to the Read Me, and it gets hung there.  Spinning beachball.  No text populates the installer window and the go back button doesn't work.  Have to force quit.  Any known fixes?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only Acrobat DC is currently compatible with Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Thank you for reporting this. Actually the CD version of Acrobat 2017 you are trying to install is not compatible with Mac OS Catalina. COuld you please try downloading the latest Catalina compatible Acrobat 2017 and give it a try.

Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/acrobat-2017-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ansh.

Actually, I was not trying to install Pro 2017 DC.  I was trying to install the CD versiuon of Pro 2017.  Please advise on which version of Pro 2017 is compatible with Catalina, as your webpage concerning compatibility appears to be wrong.  Also, the link you provided doesn't work.  After I download the installer in either Chrome or Safari, for IOS 10.14 or higher and click to open the downloaded file, I get a message telling me that the file is damaged and should be sent to trash.

I appreciate your advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 2017 and Acrobat DC are NOT the same thing! There isn't a version called "2017 DC".

Only Acrobat DC (the subscription version) is compatible with Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that isn't true. Acrobat 2015 and 2017 are compatible with Catalina:

"The new macOS Catalina 10.15 is compatible with your Acrobat DC, Acrobat 2017 & Acrobat 2015 and can easily be installed or updated."

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Acrobat/Upgraded-your-macOS-into-Catalina-10-15-and-want-to-install/t...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, in this page only Acrobat DC is mentioned: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/fix-macos-64-bit-compatibility-errors.html

Adobe needs to sort out this mess...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer to this page, here we have added Catalina support for Acrobat DC and Acrobat 2017

Link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey John,

I am not able to understand which Acrobat you are trying to install. Because you have mentioned Acrobat Pro 2017 DC and there is no such product Adobe is offering. Adobe offers three tracks for Acrobat and those are - Acrobat DC, Acrobat 2017 and Acrobat 2015. Both Acrobat DC and Acrobat 2017 are compatible with Catalina now. 

So please figure out that for which Acrobat you are having the subscription and download that very same from the links below:

As you have stated that you are experiencing the problems while downloading, can you please check on other Mac machines, if the same problem persists.

Do check if any installed app is active on your mac and trying to corrupt the downloaded files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ansh. 

I never mentioned Acrobat Pro 2017 DC, you did. 

I said I was trying to Install Acrobat Pro 2017 which is the CD-ROM version and not the online subscription version. I see that the compatibility guidance says that Acrobat DC, Acrobat 2017, and Acrobat 2015 are compatible, but apparently not Acrobat Pro 2017. 

I will return return the product for a refund and use something else until the product is made compatible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the confusion John, it was a typo up there 😞

Now the problem is that CD version of Acrobat 2017 can not be installed directly on Catalina (Since the only version released in October 2019 is compatible with Catalina). You can return the product and get the Acrobat 2017 or Acrobat DC subscription online or via Support Center. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is haywire...

the adobe page says there is no acrobat standard 2017 for mac

only pro 2017

but then you say pro 2017 is not compatable with catalina

so- please answer with a simple response:

Is there a non-subsription version of acrobat that works seamlessly with Catalina?

thank-you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the link of Acrobat 2017 (non-subsription version) compatible with Catalina: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/acrobat-2017-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that link is for pro and standard

WHICH ONE IS COMPATABLE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Standard doesn't exist for Mac... Only Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try 67:

why is john having trouble with pro2017 from a CD which is why this thread was started?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Acrobat 2017 is now compatible with Catalina, as Adobe claims, then it will only be the very latest version of it, which is probably not what you would get from a CD. I recommend getting the installer directly from Adobe instead of trying to run the CD installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you mean "Acrobat 2017 PRO"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CD Installers were stopped a long time back by Adobe. During CD installers Catalina OS was not there. So if you run any CD installers, it will be stuck and don't succeed. If you really want to run any Adobe Acrobat on Catalina, then please get the latest one from Adobe site.

Acrobat Pro DC: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Acrobat Pro 2017: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/acrobat-2017-downloads.html

Acrobat Pro 2015: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/acrobat-2015-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as John. The new installer runs fine, but when I run the app it brings up Licensing window whoch is totally balnk and I cannot do anything from there. Any help? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is no longer offering the downloads for DC 2015, however I was able to locate the still working link to the Mac DC 2015 installer using a cached copy of the DC 2015 page linked above.  Here's a direct link to the DC 2015 installer for Mac that DOES WORK in Catalina:

https://trials3.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/APRO/Acrobat_HelpX/osx10/Acrobat_2015_Web_WWMUI.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Be clear: Only Pro works with Mac. Also, as a general rule, I have to agree that Adobe's help pages are often very confusing and contradictory, whether dealing with Acrobat or Photoshop. For a top-level tech company this is shameful. Use the old, tried-and-true approach: Have non-techie people vet your web pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to post the link to the pricing page, for everyone's convenience, but I am apparently unable to post a link here. Brilliant, Adobe--I was attempting to post a link to one of your own pages. Just confirms what I posted above. I'd suggest you all look somewhere beside Adobe for info on Adobe! I'd also suggest you try other PDF and Photo editors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum system is bad, but not that bad... You can post links here, as can be seen from previous messages in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines