Highlighted

Acrobat Pro 2017 - Needing Distiller

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install Acrobat Pro 2017 for a customer for integration with Antenna House/DITA-OT.  I need to understand what kind of licensing is required for using the distiller only.  Acrodist.exe is spawned directly by Antenna House (AHFCmd).  The distiller is used to render EPS files embedded in an XSL-FO file for PDF creation.

I've tried several times and the acrodist.exe process hangs anytime the entire workflow is executed.  I have had tried to turn off the security confirmation dialogs both in the desktop application as well as in the registry.

How do I install, and activate a version of distiller that will behave within this workflow? 

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat Pro 2017 - Needing Distiller

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install Acrobat Pro 2017 for a customer for integration with Antenna House/DITA-OT.  I need to understand what kind of licensing is required for using the distiller only.  Acrodist.exe is spawned directly by Antenna House (AHFCmd).  The distiller is used to render EPS files embedded in an XSL-FO file for PDF creation.

I've tried several times and the acrodist.exe process hangs anytime the entire workflow is executed.  I have had tried to turn off the security confirmation dialogs both in the desktop application as well as in the registry.

How do I install, and activate a version of distiller that will behave within this workflow? 

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 21, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Distiller is included with Acrobat Standard and Acrobat Pro. Neither Acrobat producrt is licensed for use on a server, or in automated or background mode, so these cannot be used. The Distiller Server app used to be exactly what you needed, but is long discontinued. Today, look into Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), which has a "PDF Generator" module.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response.  Is the there formal documentation that I can pass along to my customer and colleagues regarding this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The formal documentation about licensing status is the Acrobat End User License Agreement. For documentation on AEM, well unfortunately we don't know much about it here. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0