• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro 2017 now requiring sign in??

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Acrobat Pro 2017 back in 2017 and have been using it on a single lap top, without any issues, since then with no sign in requireed. I purchased the software from Amazon and have a legitimate license  Last year I purchased an Acrobat DC subsctription for my home computers and have been using that without issue since. 

Today, I was looking for help on how to use a feature of the Acrobat Pro 2017 software and ended up signing in on Acrobat Pro 2017.  Until this point I dont know if I have ever signed into Pro 2017. There was a "sign in" button on the top right of my open software (when viewing a pdf file) and after signing in, that button read my name.  I signed out after searching for help.  A few minutes later I go to open a pdf file and I get a prompt asking me to sign in to use the software.  I have never had to do this before.

What's worse is that now it seems like acrobat pro 2017 version is linked to my DC version at home as I received a messsage that I was already signed in on two computers and I had to sign out of those before using the software (Pro 2017).  That has definately never happened, nor should it, becasue I have two separate products...one stand alone pro 2017 product that I have never had to sign into before, which is only installed on one computer,  and one DC product that I know and expect to have to sign into to use.

So, is there anyway to get back to not having to sign into my old Pro 2017 version? Is it possible that the products are now linked because I signed into my account while looking for help?  How is that fair or desireable for the end user? 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to say that Adobe doesn't have that "cilture" where the client is respected.

There is no fairness when it comes to Adobe.

They are "sorry" but they don't care.

I had the same problem in 2019.

I redid my logo for my company so I signed up for Illustrator CC and Photoshop CC.

It swallowed my PC.

Everything was connected to Adobe Reader, Acrobat, Illustrator and Photoshop, all versions combined.

It was on my Dell Inspiron 7737.

Today, I still have traces of adobe everywhere on my PC even if it is brand new and I only installed Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard, which was way before all that non-sense.

It doesn't ask for any sign in but the interface is almost unreadable.

Clarity of characters on the screen is awful.

But my clients say the files looks good when they are on their PC.

Even to connect to this forum, you still have to sign in so there is something that install itself on our PC.

Good Branding Adobe.

When I was tired of monthly payment in 2019, I bought Master Collection CS6.

I called, and Chat with Adobe because I wanted to make sure it was legit.

They never say that the reseller was legit, after repeatedly asking to verify.

I went to they Authorized Reseller site. Then I made a decision.

300U$. I received the serial number, installed it and it worked for 8 months than my PC crashed.

My IT friend told me the crashed was caused by something with adobe in the filename.

I had to reinstall windows 10 and all softwares.

When I installed my MC CS6, Adobe revoked my licence.

They say the licence is counterfiet.

If they would have answered my questions and made sure that, at that moment, the serial number didn't work, I could have block the transaction with my credit card.

So conspiracy theory are really easy to build when Adobe doesn't want to answer a simple question and didn't block the SN to begin with.

When I called again a month ago, they say they are sorry.

I found an Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 on Amazon.ca for 69$.

There is noway to know if the Carlos from SAN JOSE, CA, 95110 US is legit but he can sell that on Amazon and if I have a problem, it will be after many months when he's gonna have close his business like the other.

There are so many other PDF software today, dobe won't have any of my money.

From what I know of your problem is, my IT guy say, many companies want to wear you off with so many problems that you won't use your old software anymore.

They are too big to have a brand problem today.

They don't have to care anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines