• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro 2017

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro 2017 not including hyperlinks if PDF created from Excel 2019 file. This function is critical to my operation.

Did not have this problem with Acrobat X and Excel 2010.  Any insight will be appreciated.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the file's Properties I see that you're using the PDFMaker plugin to create that file. That's good.

In order to solve this issue go to the Preferences of that plugin (under the Acrobat ribbon in Excel) and tick the "Add Links" check-box in it, and run it again:

Snap3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Recently upgraded from Acrobat Pro X to Acrobat Pro 2017.

I DO have “Add Links” enabled in Adobe Preference.

When creating a PDF from an Excel 2019 file with Hyperlinks in Merged cells, NONE of them work in the resulting PDF.??

Through extensive trial & error I’ve found that hyperlinks in NON-merged cell do work in the resulting PDF. This is a problem for me as I regularly use Merged-Cell headings with hyperlinks in my spread sheets. The all function fine in Excel, but no merged cell with hyperlink works in the resulting PDF.

I’ve found a PITA workaround which involved unmerging the cells, placing the Hyperlinked text in a heading cell approximately centered of column’s covered, then removing all cell borders withing that area, selecting all cells required, placing a border around them, THEN Hyperlinking ONLY the cell with the text in it. This works when the PDF is created, but required a good bit of fiddling with the subordinate column widths to place the (hyperlinked) header text in the approximate center above them.

This, as stated above it a time-consuming PITA to do!

Is there NO way to get Acrobat 2017 to correctly activate Hyperlinks from an Excel file with Hyperlinked Merged Cells?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines