• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro 2020 on Air Gapped Systems

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if this has already been asked, unable to find community results for it - 

I'm looking for some assistance with installing Acrobat Pro on systems that will not be connected to the Internet - ever. Speaking to the rep, we only have subscription based licenses that NEED to connect to the Internet once every 90 days which is impossible for us to do. These will be installed on non-persistent virtual machines so perpetual licenses don't seem to work as the thin clients will be replaced with the base image after user log off/shut down. If anyone has resolve a similar issue, please let me know!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro 2020 is not a subscription product at all. Acrobat Pro DC is the subscription product. However, both need internet access. I believe Government entities with an enterprise program can apply for the option to run offline however. But with constantly wiped machines, that sounds a struggle, excellent as the idea otherwise is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologies for the mix up, but they don't even support government entities anymore on their main support page. We have to go through the ETLA, which costs around $50,000. That cost can't be justified for the small company I work for. We've come to the solution that we may scrap the virtual systems and go full desktop, but I've also got word that you need to connect to the Internet once every 90 days even with Adobe Pro 2020. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to be possible to activate the non-subscription version of Acrobat via phone, but it seems Adobe removed that option in the latest version of Acrobat 2020, and now you have to have internet access to activate it, at least once.

Personally, I think this is a mistake and if you agree you should express your concerns to Adobe directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines