• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro 2020 Perpetual. will not open after install - no error messages

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just purchased Pro 2020 for my client [Email address removed. -Mod]. installation works fine serial is entered during installation, all is fine. until i launch the program. Basic opening fram is visible for about 2 seconds, then the app closes. No error messages are shown on screen or in events.

Downloaded bits from licencing.adobe.com, installing on Win 10 pro Domain joined desktop. uninstalled, ran cleanup tool, and reinstalled but same result.

what is causing the closing?

Jim Nairn Sr IT Administrator and Procurement Manager Fireminds
TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey James! 

I hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble you had with Acrobat 2020.

As you shared that Acrobat is crashing after the launch and you have already tried reinstalling it using the cleaner tool. 

Please check for any pending updates of the OS and install all the mandatory and optional updates of the OS.

Reboot the machine and check.

Also, for testing purposes, please create a test user profile with full admin rights, disable all the third-party plug-ins if possible, install Acrobat 2020, activate it with the product key, and check the performance https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/acrobat-2020-downloads.html

If you have a dual monitor connected, then please try the solution shared in the following help article and let us know if that fixes the issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/dual-monitor-crash-windows.html

You may also try the suggestions from the following article: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-crashes-on-windows-os.html

If the issue still persists, please collect the crash log of the affected machine, and share the logs with us for further investigation: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anand

Patching is fully complete and current. this was first thing i checked.  The Dual monitor option does not have the same symptoms. I will see if i can get Option 4 to work of the third Help link.

Is it possible to get or apply for the previous version (2017) from LWS? Are there any downgrade rights? 

I had a PM from someone who advised to email direct to AdobeExp (@ outlook.com). this email responded as follows

I hope this is not false. but the English is a bit off.

-------------------------------------------

We would like to inform you.

We have several problems with Acrobat Pro 2020 license and Windows 10 64 Bit 1909 Update. So we help you to cancel the subscription of Acrobat Pro 2020.

And We provide you the Acrobat Pro 2017 Perpetual License which is the one-time payment and license valid for lifetime include lifetime installation support and Acrobat Pro 2017 is the Stable license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey James! 

Please don't reply back to the other private message you received with the email AdobeExp (@ outlook.com). It is spam.

As we will never ask you to cancel the current contract and downgrade to the previous version. Also, for Adobe employees and Adobe support, the email domain will always end with @adobe.com. And a Staff batch will be shown in the user profile.

Downgrading option details can be checked on the LWS if you have a license for Acrobat 2017. 

Please share the complete details of the message you received so that we can report it.

Also, do let us know about the status after trying the solutions from the help articles.

Thanks for your time and cooperation.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks.

Chris (the user) followed the options to try running distiller (opt 4 of  this) and Option 5, logging on as a new admin level local account.  Neither even produced any different results. just launch and instant close. 

This is the users first Adobe pro license in LWS, so ther eis no previous license to draw from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the details, Jim!

Would you mind sharing the crash logs from the affected machine and the user profile for further investigation?

Please collect the logs and share it with us: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html

Also, collect the process monitor logs as well, download the Process Monitor tool: https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatmonitor.html run it, reproduce the issue, save the logs, and share it with us.

Please share the following details as well:

• The current version of the OS installed?
  • The details of security software installed?

Thanks for your time and patience & for your cooperation.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is now apparently closed.

My client emailed me today:

Hey Jim,

I got it fixed Friday. I logged on to Adobe and chatted with a technician there. He first had me do a couple of the steps you had already done with Chris. When that didn’t work he logged onto Chris’s computer and went in the registry and deleted or repaired a few things.  So after that it worked.  

You can close this ticket.

Thanks,

Lisa Shepard

VP Administrative Services

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines