Acrobat Pro 2020 problems with Fill and Sign

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been using Acrobat Pro 2020 for some time -- however recently, the Fill & Sign function is no longer working correctly.

macOS Big Sur, 11.2.1

Acrobat Pro 2020 -- 2020 Release (Classic):

Architecture: x86_64

Build: 20.1.30020.421060

AGM: 4.30.106

CoolType: 5.14.5

JP2K: 1.2.3.48161

When I have inserted a signature with an image, Acrobat freezes upon save.  The document goes blank, the sub-menus are blank, and I receive the spinning beach ball.  I have to force quit Acrobat.  

This has only started happening recently....perhaps since I upgraded to Big Sur, but can't say for sure.  

I can post the error log if that is of any help.  

Grateful for any help you might provide.  Thank you!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, General troubleshooting, Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described after updating the Mac OS to Big Sur, inserting the signature to the PDF using Fill and sign causes the application to freeze, the document goes blank, the sub-menus are blank.

As you already have the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat pro 2020, please try to reboot the computer once and see if that makes any difference.

If it still doesn't work, please create a new test user account with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

You may also check out the steps provided in the help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines