• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro 2020 single licensed user gets 'trial expired' unless 'run as administrator' chosen

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two Windows 10 users that I've installed Acrobat Pro 2020 on the desktop.  First user a few months back - no problems at all.  Purchased an additional license for second user; this installation only recognizes the license if  the software is run with administrative-level access (our users do not have); if user runs as standard user, she gets a 'trial expired' message in the software.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled, given the user full control over c:\programdata\Adobe, %user%\appdata\adobe, c:\program files (x86)\common files\adobe, etc.  I added the program & serial number to her Adobe profile online (which i did not do for the first user).  The second user's machine was upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro, first user was OEM Windows 10 Pro.  Any ideas? 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, the user is getting the trial  expired error and you have uninstalled/reinstalled, given the user full control over c:\programdata\Adobe, %user%\appdata\adobe, c:\program files (x86)\common files\adobe, etc. and the issue still persists.

Please check the connection with Adobe servers abd try to reset the host file as described in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html , Operating system hosts files map host names to IP addresses. An incorrectly configured hosts file can affect your computer's ability to connect to Adobe's activation servers.

Hope this information will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but it's not the hosts file.  Acrobat runs normally as long as we choose 'run as administrator' so it can find the servers without problem; if it's run as standard user, we get 'trial expired'.  I posted here because I exhausted all of the fixes i could find, including the hosts file (there are no entries in the hosts file). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear that the issue still persists. It seems to be some permission issue. Please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is a permission issue, however it is company policy that users do not have admin rights.  The local admin account can run the program, but the software recognises the license for the user ONLY when it is run as administrator.  We have another installation of this same software (yes, separate license) and THAT user has no license issue at all and does not have admin rights. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the delay in response. If the issue still persists, I would request you to please get in touch with your IT admin to get the permissions checked for this user. There isn't much that we can do from our end.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, did you ever get to the bottom of this? I'm having the exact same issue and it does seem to indicate inconsistent, strange licensing behaviour. Short of rebuilding the user PC, I'm waiting on adobe support at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi David27491549bjtx,

Thank you for reaching out.

Would you mind elaborating on the issue you are experiencing?

Did you start experiencing this behavior recently?

Share the Acrobat and OS versions. It would be helpful if you could share some screenshots of what is happening at your end.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines