• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro 2020 v20.001.30018 can't scan from a Samsung M288x

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a new Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 v20.001.30018 and I'm tyring to scan from a Samsung M288x Laser/Printer/Scanner but Adobe won't complete the scan. The only way I can get Acrobat to scan using the WIA selection and using the native scanner interface. All of my Samsung drivers are up to date and I can scan fine with another PDF Architect 5 software it just won't work with Acrobat Pro 2020.

HELP! Please advise!

Darwin

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darwin, 

Thank you for reaching out. The latest update has been pushed live Yesterday: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/classic/dcclassic20.001feb2021.htm...
Please try updating your Adobe Acrobat 2020 on your machine and give it a restart after updating the app. Try scanning using the app again and let us know how it works for you. 

~Tariq 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tariq,

Thanks for the response. I installed the patch and now it does complete a 1 page flatbed scan however it takes about 30 seconds to SCAN and 8 minutes to 'Process the data', which is unacceptable.

What are my next steps to get Adobe to speed this up and complete both in 30-45 seconds per page? I am scanning over a wireless network.

Darwin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darwin, 

Try disabling the protected mode. Restart the application and check if that helps any. 

This is primarily available in Windows machine. To Disable it, Launch Acrobat, File>Edit>Preference>Security(Enhanced).

Protected Mode.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tariq,

I'm on Windows 10. The protected mode was already set as Disabled, likely by default. I also disabled Enhanced Security function and rescanned a single b/w text page from the flatbed with approximatley thet same results, i.e. about 30 seconds to SCAN and 8 minutes to 'Process the data', which is unacceptable.

Please advise. Thanks.

Darwin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tariq,

Just for testing I 'turned on' Enable Protected Mode and retested. I'm now able to scan and optimize a single B/W page from the flatbed in about 30 seconds! Why did Enable Protected Mode so significantly improve the performance?

Darwin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darwin, 

Where do you save your documents while scanning from the scanner? Do you save locally or on Network or Cloud drive? 
Sandboxing does some checks and validation and is the reason is causing the slowness. But it shouldn't be that slow. And it is weird I haven't heard lots of reports about this.
Would you try uninstalling Printer drivers completely from the machine and re-install. After that restart your machine and try again. Let us know how it works for you.

~Tariq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tariq,

I'm just scanning into Adobe land saving on my local hard drive.

I'm not sure I want to uninstall the Samsung printer/scanner drivers and reinstall at this point since it seems to be working by scanning and OCRing a single B/W page in 30 seconds or so. Does that sound typical? Do you think there may still be a problem?

Darwin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Darwin, 

I was trying to check if that could be the reason.
Protected Mode does impact the overall performance of the product while we deal with non-local storage options.  
If you have sufficient time, I would recommend checking if reinstallation of printer drivers makes any impact. 
It is recommended to disable protected mode. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines