• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro 64-bit Windows

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I would like to know if there is a roadmap for Acrobat Pro to become 64-bit on the Windows platform.  I my organization handles blueprints which can be quite large and when trying to manipualte the pages, memory frequently becomes an issue due to the requirements of the documents.  

Thank you in advance

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Acrobat DC x64 is in the pipeline, so to speak, but we do not currently have a release date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC x64 is in the pipeline, so to speak, but we do not currently have a release date.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Microsolft Edge to read my very large DPF documents 200 plus MB. We really need a 64 bit windows version of Adobee Reader. Its kinda silly that I can publish 200-400 autocad drawings to a PDF file but I cant read it with Adobee Reader; I need to read it with some othe 64 bit app such as Microsolft Edge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wanted to note one of the key benefits of 64-bit, since people were giving false information about it on related threads that are now locked for some reason.

64-bit allows a major security benefit – 64-bit Address Space Layout Randomization (ASLR). This hardens the application against certain types of hacks. It's a good complement to other mitigations. It's especially important for Acrobat because it has to process untrusted PDF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines