Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro crashes after opening

Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can install and open Acrobat Pro DC as a domain administrator, but as soon as I log in as a user it closes immediately after opening.  I've tried uninstalling with the cleanup tool and reinstalling, activating/deactivating it, repair install, making the user a temporary administrator, opening it under the local admin account, updated it, ran repair installation, installed all available windows updates/runtimes, Acrobat Pro DC refuses to stay open however under the user's profile.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing good. Thanks all for your time and patience on this and for your cooperation and sorry for the trouble you had with Acrobat.

Please try the solutions shared in the following articles and let us know if you are still experiencing the crash issue: 

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

I reccomend calling Tech support, they walked me through getting it to work again. What he did in this case is, I had an employee having issues with Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, He went through and cleared out the local user Creds in Credential Manager. But the big change he made was to Uninstall Acrobat DC and Creative Cloud, and then downloaded creative cloud cleaner and acrocleaner to remove all the old files etc... Then went and downloaded the 32 Bit version of Acrobat DC. According to him the 32 B

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 159 Replies 159
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so Adobe support says that having Acrobat DC and older XI on the same workstation will not work.  This is not a happy situation.  Uninstalling XI made DC work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me (XI and DC installed at same time)....see my reply above. NOTE: Running Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our issue came because there was an Adobe update waiting in the background that we didn't get notified about.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you resolve it? I have not been able to get this desktop to work with all of the steps above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind I figuered it out - Acrobat Install waiting on hidden icon menu on the task bar - Ran it manually and it installed and resolved the issue. Thanks for the heads up about the pending install!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved the problem in 10 seconds following this solution. Mucho thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seemed to work for me for a few minutes. I launched Acrobat XI as an administrator, opened some files, and they stayed open.

Then I closed Acrobat and tried double-clicking some PDF file icons. The files wouldn't open.

Then I opened Acrobat as an admin, opened some files. Fine.

Then I tried double-clicking again. Now the files open. But, they close after a few seconds.

And when I open Acrobat as an admin and open files ... they also close after a few seconds.

Going back through the files I renamed, I now have new SLStore and SLCache files (in addition to the ones I renamed).

Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have exactly the same issue as the last comment, driving me nuts. works for maybe one document then back to original problem. Please resolve as currently software is useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem for the first time after using Creative Suite 6 for years. I have changed nothing and this just started so clearly Adobe changed something to stop me using the software I bought. Thats really bad form as I am now spendin hours sorting out the problem just when I am in a mad rush. Companies that care so little for their customers to allow this dont deserve to be in business. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey did your problem get resolved ? I have been using the same creative cloud for about 2 years but since yesterday (June 2020) it just closes itself everytime i launch it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had to install version 2017 on a number of machines and only had 1 work (why it worked is beyond me). The rest behave as noted above - opens then closes. Followed suggestions here with zero results.

Anyone get this to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sreid2 and everybody..i am newbie in this role...can u help me.

what name should i rename for SLStore,SLCache and Adobe PCD..

pls help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up. It was too expensive trying to sort out and although I hated doing what Adobe obviously wanted, I bought a new system. As its been many years since my original purchase the new version is very different and its taking me ages to work out what I used to do so easily to do with the old quite adequate system.

The problem for software suppliers is that they get to a point where the user doesnt need any improvements so sales start to dry up. The only solution is dirty tricks like making the perfectly adequate existing system stop working. Its a real cost impost to business and so infuriating when you have paid good money for a product and the suppliers makes it stop working so you have to buy it again.

Imagine what would happen if as a civil engineer i built a house for Shantanue Narayen, and built in a bug that would make the house collapse after 5 years... I wish!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out my solution. I agree with you and fell you frustration having bought numerous editions of AA for lots of $$$$

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its late 2020 and suddenly my Adobe Acrobat X1Pro started closing within minutes after opening. Uninstall and reinstalled with no improvement. Renaming SLStore did zip. HOW RESOLVED (so far it works): reinstalled the Adobe Acrobate patch update. The wizard suggested that it not be reinstalled, but I "ignored" that suggestion and did it anyway. Been going through pdfs that previously closed and they are staying open. GOOD LUCK ALL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issues, After launching Acrobat Reader it would immediately close..

Here's what i did:

1 Noticed on my C:\Program Files X86 Had A different ownership for that drive. so i changed it to Admininstrators.

2 Uninstalled ACrobat Reader.

3 Used CCleaner to expunge temp/cache..etc..

4 Deleted any leftover files and/or directories related to Adobe acrobat reader

5 Rebooted Windows 10

6 Reinstalled Adobe acrobat reader.

And Wala or Bingo, it worked..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today while using my Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to view a number of pdf documents the software started shutting down after only being open a few seconds.  At one point I got a message indicating Adobe was installing an update and could not open any files during that time.  After a while it would let me open files again but they still closed after a few seconds.  I tried rebooting my computer but the issue persists so at the moment I cannot do any work using Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, @defaulti5sf4933xnmh 

You can click the Start button if you are using Windows OS, search for "Adobe Acrobat Distiller" launch it and wait for a minute to see if that crashes? 
Also, you may try repairing Adobe Acrobat Pro, go to "Add and remove programs" and try to modify Adobe Acrobat and choose repair. Restart the machine and try again.

~Tariq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just working with one of my users who had this same issue since her computer updated to Adobe Acrobat DC Version 21.0002.20149 yesterday.

I updated Adobe Creative Cloud in the hopes of being able to use it to revert Adobe Acrobat DC, but the option for previous versions wasn't available.

Fortunately, it seems the update of Adobe Creative Cloud resolved my user's issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to cancel my subscription, but Adobe offered 2 months free.  I accepted that.  Two days later after opening a file in Adobe, it consistenly, seconds later disappears!

Sometimes I get this error message.

The instruction at 0x0000000068A87934 referenced memory at 0x000000000065015F.

The memory could not be read.

Click OK to terminate the program.

AcroMissingCompWClass: Acrobat.exe – Application Error

I think I need help!

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lois5CC4  here .

Just to add to my post above, this disappearance happens all the time with any pdf that I open.  New and old pdf's are treated the same.

I am using Adobe pro.

Lois

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue. When I open an Adobe file, it stays open for a few seconds, then the program closes on it's own. This just started happening today. Don't know whats going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing! Just started a few hours ago ... Tried several troubleshooting approaches to no avail ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, did a system restore and that fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoa - spoke too soon!  System restore did not fix the problem, it just took 5 seconds to disappear instead of 2 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines