Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro can't convert word file (office365) to pdf

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help needed!

Trying to combine 2 word files into 1 pdf file using Acrobat Pro, but using the dialog box i can't find any word (or excel)files. I can drag a word file from my map to acrobat, but than i get the notification 'cannot convert file to pdf'. Acrobat can find .jpg, .png, .pdf, but not .docx, .xlsx and .pptx. I am using windows10 and office365. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your version of Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 2020.013.20074

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Office installed on your computer, or do you run it only from the Cloud? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's only in the cloud, can't find any  'office' in program files. But i'm not sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested this and I was able to combine multiple .docx files into one PDF using the "File >> Create >> Combine Files into a Single PDF" option. See screen shot attached.

If your menu still doesn't let you SEE .docx files but it does show other PDF files...as an alternate workflow, you could SAVE your word files as PDFs....then in use the same"File >> Create >> Combine Files into a Single PDF" option.

Mary Helen Shuff | Art Director & Senior Graphic Designer | 508-Compliancy Coordinator | Forms Coordinator | Printing Liaison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My menu still doesn't show .docx files, so that doesn't work. BUT I haven't thought of saving my .docx files as .pdf firtst, and this does solve my problem! So thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines