Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC 2015 64bit

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Is there a 64bit version of Acrobat Pro DC 2015 available? If not 2015 then is there any other version of Acrobat DC Pro available in 64bit?

thanks

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

FWIW, it is highly unlikely that “drawing errors” occur due to running out of address space. You would get “out of memory” errors instead.

That having been said, read my response marked as the “correct answer” in the thread at https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/adobe-acrobat-pro-32bit/m-p/11831560. If you are willing to be on the bleeding edge, there is now a 64-bit version of Acrobat Pro DC (and Acrobat Standard DC) for certain localities.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Adobe Acrobat for Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a 64-bit version of Adobe Acroba for mac and have you got a link to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arch1ekhan,

Nearly all current Adobe products are 64-bit apps. If you are not using the latest update, you could receive an error.

We have also released an update today for Acrobat/Reader which is compatible with the lastest Mac OS Catalina. In the application, go to Help > Check for updates. To check the latest version, refer to this link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html

For more details, please refer to the following help links:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/compatibility-with-macos-10-15-catalina.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/system-requirements.html

Let us know if you experience any issue.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernd. Thanks for your response. I am actually looking for Windows OS (Windows 10 or 2016) and have not found any 64bit Acrobat Pro DC version yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is none. May I ask why you feel you need it? (The 32 bit version is fully compatible with 64 bit Windows, and a 64 bit version wouldn't perform better; it could use more than 2 GB of memory, but I've never seen it need to).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernd. So the problem I am running into is that I have Office 365 64bit in my Citrix environment (still in Dev Phase though) and I have Adobe Acrobat DC Pro 2015 32bit installed on the same image. When I launch Outlook it just freezes and after spending lot of time I found out that if I disable the "Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM Addin" (in Outlook) and re-launch Outlook it starts working fine. The Add-in DLL version is 15.6.30475.53472 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2015\PDFMaker\Mail\Outlook\PDFMOutlookAddin.dll). So I was just curious if I should try 64bit Acrobat and see if that fixes the problem. thanks   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no 64-bit version of Adobe Acrobat for Windows at this point. That having been said, we know of no incompatibility between Windows 64-bit, Office 64-bit, and Acrobat. In fact that is the environment in which I personally run, although my situation is not complicated by the Citrix environment.

There will likely be a 64-bit version of Acrobat for Windows in the future, but nothing has been announced yet. And when it is made available, don't expect that 64-bit will be retrofitted to Acrobat 2015 or 2017, but rather for the Acrobat DC versions.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Pro DC and I am constantly getting drawing errors, after which I have to restart. The probable cause is running out of memory, as I tend to leave Pro DC running for a day or more at a time because I use it so much. A few updates ago, I didn't have to restart so much, but now that I have many documents in my history list, and no way to get rid of them, this is happening so much that I have to exit it after every document.

I really don't need 1000+ documents in my history view. I think Adobe should give me a way to remove them, fix the drawing error problem or assign an engineer to port the 32-bit version to 64-bit, which would allow me to take advantage of my 32-gig memory. As it is, I am confined to less than 2GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, it is highly unlikely that “drawing errors” occur due to running out of address space. You would get “out of memory” errors instead.

That having been said, read my response marked as the “correct answer” in the thread at https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/adobe-acrobat-pro-32bit/m-p/11831560. If you are willing to be on the bleeding edge, there is now a 64-bit version of Acrobat Pro DC (and Acrobat Standard DC) for certain localities.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there's anything that 60+ years as a software engineer has taught me, it's that running out of memory rarely evokes "out of memory" errors. 😉  Bitrot strikes in unexpected ways.

That said, thank you so much for responding; I hadn't really expected a reply after the thread had been idle so long. I am delighted to participate, and am downloading the 64-bit pro installer as we speak.

Thank you again, Dov.

Metta, Ivan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bummer. The 64-bit installer tells me I already have a "more functional product" installed, i.e., 32-bit Pro DC. Which means in order to install it I'd need to uninstall the 32-bit version. Is there a way around this? I'd much rather keep it as backup.

Metta,

Ivan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines