• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC and form responses requiring Flash

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Pro DC version 2020.012.20041 installed and I'm trying to use the form functionality to collate the PDF form responses.

When I receive the completed form response I can add it to the response file, but when I try to open the response form I get told that I need to have Flash installed.

Considering that Flash is EOL at the end of this year, is there a roadmap to remove this requirement?  Is there any way I can create the response file now without the need for Flash?

Thanks

Kevin

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

We are sorry for the trouble, As described, when you open the response form you get the Flash warning.

Adding Flash content in PDF files is now disabled and no longer supported. You will see one of the below dialogs when you encounter Flash content in a PDF.

When Flash Player is not installed on your system:

Untitled.png

When Flash Player is installed on your system: A message is displayed asking you to turn off using Flash Player.

Untitled.png

Choose one of the following:

• OK - Disables the preference Use Flash Player For Playing 3D and Multimedia Content. FlashPlayer is not used to play flash content. The PDF uses the native OS media players, like Windows Media Player on Windows or QuickTime on macOS, to play the audio or video content in the PDF.
  • Ask me later - The preference Use Flash Player For Playing 3D and Multimedia Content is enabled, and FlashPlayer plays the flash content. The message is displayed again if the user opens a PDF file with flash content.

Untitled.png

For more information please look at the help pages listed below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/flash-format-support-in-pdf.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/flash-player-needed-acrobat-reader.html

Hope this information will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answer does not help, it is when using an Adobe forms Response file that the requirement for Flash appears.  Here is the exact error message:

Mary-Anne5E5F_0-1618437113789.png

The redirect to the download page gives you a page that says Flash has been discontinued.  This is a serious issue for anyone trying to use response files to collate form response data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the same problem I am having too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

We need some more information for a better understanding:

• Is this a issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check
  • What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help . About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 21.07.20091 installed. go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.
  • Are you on Mac or Windows OS and what is its version?
  • Have you created the PDF form or have you got it from a different user?

We are here for help, just need more information.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

It happens with all PDF forms that I create or any of my team members create and it happens to all of us as well. We are using Windows 10.

There is no one version number that matches what you have. According to what is in the Help About Adobe section I have:

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

2015 Release (Classic) | Version 2015.006.30527

Version File Version: 15.006.30527.898

AGM Version 4.030.00093

CoolType Version 5.014.00050

Core Version 15.1536

JP2K Version 1.002.00002.46825

This software belongs to my employer and I cannot download or install any updates to the software myself. However, my IT staff spent 4 months trying to rectify the problem and downloaded all the most up to date software at the time (January 2021ish). They also tried to get help directly from Adobe and got no response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Adobe Flash player and Adobe Acrobat 2015 are EOL applications.  For more information please check the help pages listed below:

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/enterprise-end-of-life.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/end-of-support-acrobat-2015-reader-2015.html

You may try the steps shared in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/collecting-pdf-form-data.html and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mary-Anne, The fixes to run without Flash were only added in 2020 (presumably nobody had told the Acrobat team Flash was going away...) So your obsolete 2015 version has no solution. I am not sure why your IT staff say it is up to date. Certainly, though, Adobe won't help with end of life software. (Perhaps they are really saying there is no budget to get up-to-date software).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines