Highlighted

Acrobat Pro DC and form responses requiring Flash

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Pro DC version 2020.012.20041 installed and I'm trying to use the form functionality to collate the PDF form responses.

When I receive the completed form response I can add it to the response file, but when I try to open the response form I get told that I need to have Flash installed.

Considering that Flash is EOL at the end of this year, is there a roadmap to remove this requirement?  Is there any way I can create the response file now without the need for Flash?

Thanks

Kevin

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat Pro DC and form responses requiring Flash

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Pro DC version 2020.012.20041 installed and I'm trying to use the form functionality to collate the PDF form responses.

When I receive the completed form response I can add it to the response file, but when I try to open the response form I get told that I need to have Flash installed.

Considering that Flash is EOL at the end of this year, is there a roadmap to remove this requirement?  Is there any way I can create the response file now without the need for Flash?

Thanks

Kevin

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 15, 2020 0
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

We are sorry for the trouble, As described, when you open the response form you get the Flash warning.

Adding Flash content in PDF files is now disabled and no longer supported. You will see one of the below dialogs when you encounter Flash content in a PDF.

When Flash Player is not installed on your system:

Untitled.png

When Flash Player is installed on your system: A message is displayed asking you to turn off using Flash Player.

Untitled.png

Choose one of the following:

• OK - Disables the preference Use Flash Player For Playing 3D and Multimedia Content. FlashPlayer is not used to play flash content. The PDF uses the native OS media players, like Windows Media Player on Windows or QuickTime on macOS, to play the audio or video content in the PDF.
  • Ask me later - The preference Use Flash Player For Playing 3D and Multimedia Content is enabled, and FlashPlayer plays the flash content. The message is displayed again if the user opens a PDF file with flash content.

Untitled.png

For more information please look at the help pages listed below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/flash-format-support-in-pdf.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/flash-player-needed-acrobat-reader.html

Hope this information will help

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 1