• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC crashes when processing digital signatures

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have users that are attempting to use Adobe Acrobat DC, Version 20.009.20063, but any time they go to sign a document using a certificate, it shows them their certs, but then crashes before the option to save the document anywhere.  There's no error message, it just closes.  If they attempt to open a document that has already been digitally signed it opens and then immediately closes before it fully loads.  Currently they are using Reader to sign documents instead, but obviously that limits their capabilities, as well as complicates ensuring the users are using the right program for what they need to do.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble. As described the application is crashing on opening/signing the PDF documents.

Are you trying to open the documents stored on a shared network/drive? If yes, please try to download the documents to your computer locally and then try to open with Adobe Acrobat DC and check.

As we can see you are using an old version 20.009.20063 of Adobe Acrobat DC, please update the application to the new version 20.009.20074 from the help menu > check for updates.

You may also download the patch manually using the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html and see if that helps.

If it still doesn't work please try to turn off the protected mode for testing and see if that makes any difference. Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat DC (Mac) > Preferences > Enhanced Security  > Turn Off the protected mode and uncheck the enhanced security > Click ok
Note: Please turn on the security after testing.

Also, please check for any missing/pending updates for computer OS and try updating them.

You may also take a look at the help article listed below for more details.

1.For Mac - https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html

2. For Windows - https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-crashes-on-windows-os.html

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did already try saving the documents to save them locally, and unfortunately the 20.009.20063 version is the latest that I am authorized to install on my network.  As far as the Enhance Security Mode goes, I was unable to change that through Adobe, the option was greyed out, but after I changed it in the registry users were again able to sign documents.  Obviously me going and editing the registry every time they need to sign a document is not feasible.  Can you provide me with what vulnerabilities I risk by leaving it unchecked, and/or any other steps that I might take to enable the digital signing functionality without unchecking it?  Oh, and the OS is as up-to date as I am currently able to make it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the delay in response. As mentioned, the uders were able to sign again after changing the security settings.

Please take a look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/protected-view-feature-pdfs-windows.html and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a resolution to this? I am having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We have a new release of Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC available version 21.007.20091, please update the application from the help menu and reboot the computer once and check.

You may also download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The patch did not resolve anything.

Just tested it with one of my colleagues who was running into this issue as well.

Adobe Reader DC started to crash, after trying to digitally sign a document with a smartcard.

Uninstalled the Reader, deleted ALL Adobe related files in the user folders (local, roaming, locallow) and installed it again - did not help.

Just disabling enhanced security is working as a temporary solution. We need  a fix ASAP.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Please share the crash logs of the affected machine as described in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html

and share the logs file with us as described here - https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html so  that we can isolate the issue and get it fixed ASAP.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the Adobe Crash Reporter didn't work, I used the Windows Dump method...

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:09ed4b56-d309-4c3d-bb22-42dae06e0ad6

What was pretty strange, I was trying to digitally sign the document but I needed to wait for my colleague to enter the pin. So the prompt dialog for entering the pin was open for around 10 to 20 seconds and after entering the pin, the reader did not crash.

So I did it again, with the same blank pdf document, entering the pin after 2 or 3 seconds and it did crash again.

Maybe there are some strange "timing" issues 

thanks for the help

best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thanks for sharing the crash dump, would it be possible to share a small video recording of the issue for a better understanding.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ehm no, what is the problem understanding the issue exactly?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We would also require the crash logs generated via Acrobat log collector tool - https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html and the process monitor logs via https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html

And share the logs file with us using the document cloud or any cloud storage link so that we can isolate the issue and get it fixed ASAP.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I already mentioned, the Adobe Crash Reporter does not pop up.

I followed the description "Using the Adobe crash reporter" - setting the registry preferences. But adobe reader dc still keeps crashing without the possibility to send a crash report. 

the second link is not working - 504 Gateway time-out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry cannot edit my post.

Second links is working now, but the AcroMon is not able to start or find Adobe Acrobat - it is installed in the default location C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat - 64Bit Version.

And tried using the adobe crash log reporter on another computer with exactly the same issue, setting the registry parameters - adobe reader just crashs ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. We have reported the issue and the logs to our engineering team, waiting foe their input.

We will share the update as soon as we hear anything form them.

Thanks for your time and patience on this.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amal,

short update regarding the Acromon-Tool.

With installed 64-Bit Version of Adobe Reader DC the tool will not start the software, because it does not detect the installation.

I got it running on another machine, with 32-bit Version of Adobe Reader DC.

BUT there is another problem then - it asks for administrative privileges, since our normal users do not have them, I provide the credentials of our local admin account, but then the initial problem does not occur anymore.

So short summary to the initial problem:

Adobe Reader DC is only crashing (processing digital certificate signature) for this specific user on this machine. With another user, on the same machine, Adobe Reader does not crash.

Workarounds so far:

1. deleting the user profile of this specific user on that computer, and it works again. But then the user has to set all his preferences, settings, etc. again - not really great

2. disable enhanced security in adobe reader dc

what did not work:

deleting complete %appdata%\Adobe folder

best regards

enrico

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Enrico

Thanks for sharing your observation.

Also, give us some time to get it checked with the engg. team

We will share the update soon.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any progress on this issue? All of my users are having this same issue. Disabling the enhanced security and protected mode seems to work, however, must be enabled per our security policy.

We are running version 2021.007.20099 - this is the latest approved version for our network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Enrico

Thanks for sharing your observation.

Also, give us some time to get it checked with the engg. team

We will share the update soon.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any Update on this topic?

More and more users are affected by this issue.

best regards

enrico

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have users having this issue as well, currently have them running the 64bit version in the hopes that would address the issue. Only temporary resolution I have found is re-isntalling, issue goes away for a couple days then comes back.

-Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also having the same issue.  Uninstalling and reinstalling via CC resolves the issue temporarily,  however once we run a gpudate/force it breaks immediatly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

This issue is reported to our engineering team and they are working on it to find the fix. We will share the update as soon as  we will heare anything from them.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that mean, that the problem is confirmed?

regards

enrico

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me. Running version 2021.007.20099. The program crashes when trying to save file with DigiSig. It was working fine up to a week ago. Can we perhaps return to a previous version until there is a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines