• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC crashes when trying to convert file to a form...

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a form in InDesign and saved out as a PDF. When I try to convert this PDF to a form with interactive/fillable fields via 'Prepare Form' Tool, Acrobat Pro DC crashes immediately. Even when I try and manually create interactive form fields via the 'Fill & Sign' tab, it crashes as well. I found a work-around by unchecking the 'Automatically detect form fields' in Preferences. This is not a great long-term solution, though.

Please help?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Thank you for the response, I appreciate it.

I think this may have been a Windows issue. We ran a system update last night and today I am able to edit forms on the documents that were crashing yesterday.

Before the update, I was able to create forms from scratch importing a Word document and then make edits on that form. I don't know what program was used to create the other PDF documents but as I said, I think the latest Windows update resolved the issue. The OS build is now 18362.900

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jrileycreative

We are sorry for the trouble. As described the application is crashing on converting the form to Fillable PDF

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try to create a new PDF form with fillable fields and check. If its a file specific issue please share the file with us for testing.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat DC. and make sure you have the latest version 20.009.20067 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I am having a very similar issue, which seems to suddenly apply to all PDF forms. As soon as i select the "prepare form" tool, it crashes. I have been trying to edit PDF forms created by others.

The only way I have found around it so far is to export to Word and then re-import and let Acrobat create the form fields again. Considering we already paid someone else to set up those form fields how we wanted them, it's pretty annoying. All I needed to do was split one large form field into 3 smaller form fields and instead I have to start from scratch.

I am on version 20.009.20067

HP ProBook x360 440 G1 running Windows 10 Enterprise version 1903 OS build 18362.836

I've edited many forms in the past with no problems, as recently as last week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing crash with the latest version .

Would you mind sharing how the PDF forms are created? What is the workflow or steps used to create the PDF forms?

Please try to create a new PDF  form using Adobe Acrobat DC and try to edit and see if it still crashes. Also, would it be possible to share a sample file with us for testing.

Please upload the file to the document cloud (https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/) generate the link and share it with us.

You may also try to turn off the protected mode for testing. Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Turn off the Protected Mode and uncheck the Enhanced Security > Click OK
Note: Please turn on the security after testing

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response, I appreciate it.

I think this may have been a Windows issue. We ran a system update last night and today I am able to edit forms on the documents that were crashing yesterday.

Before the update, I was able to create forms from scratch importing a Word document and then make edits on that form. I don't know what program was used to create the other PDF documents but as I said, I think the latest Windows update resolved the issue. The OS build is now 18362.900

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm, I'm having this issue currently but my build is at 18363.1198....there is an update available, to Windows 10: 20H2...in the middle of updating now, hopefully it helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines