Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC crashes while trying to start a multimedia file

New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a problem with Acrobat Pro DC. Everytime I export an interactive InDesign file to PDF and I open it with Acrobat, it closes by the time I try to start the multimedia files in it. There are no error's windows, it just closes while it says "Connecting...". I tried to reinstall the application, I searched for updates, I tried every single thing the Adobe Support advise to do when a crash occurs. I don't know what to do.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same problems after the recent Adobe updates, my interactive PDFs created in Indesign are not working anymore, they crash with the same error. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble you had.

Please try the solution shared in the following help article and let us know if that resolves the issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/dual-monitor-crash-windows.html

If you are still experiencing the issue, then please collect the crash dump/logs of the affected machine using the following help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html

Collect the crash logs, upload it to the Document Cloud Storage, generate the share link, and send it in the private message.

For investigation purposes, please share the original InDesign file as well as the generated PDF file with us in private message only.

Also, what is the current version of the operating system installed? Please make sure you have all the mandatory and optional updates of the OS installed

Check for any pending updates of Acrobat as well from the help menu > select check for updates, reboot the machine after updating Acrobat and check. 20.009.20063 Planned update, May 12, 2020

Let us know how it goes and share your observations.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chiara,

Thanks for Reaching out to us. Can you please help me with the following query :

1. Can you please share the Sample PDF file with which u are facing the issue at your end.

2. Also are you Embedding Audio files or Video files before exorting it to PDF.

3. What Version of Adobe Indesign is used at your end ?

I am assuming that this started occuring at your end with the latest updates. Please let me know if its otherwise.

Also you can share the PDF file to me Directly at : arpitagr@adobe.com for quick turnaround. 

Also please Share Crash Dumps as well as mention by Anand Sri 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Im having the exact same issue. Would it be ok to send you my file and info as well? 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure Damaso. Please also mention the exact steps you are performing which are causing the issue at your end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent the email. I've also read that this is not an issue in previous versions of acrobat Would it be possible to get a download link for an older version of acrobat while the issue is resolved? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

++ Adding to the discussion

A new version of Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC is now available v20.009.20065. Please update the application and see if that makes any difference. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem - trying to play a "multimedia legacy" video in the latest version of Acrobat reader DC produces a "Connecting..." message, followed a few seconds later by acrobat cashing. (There are one or two video files that do work, but most don't.) My guess is it's somehow forgotten about all the codecs that I have, and it's instead trying to download a new codec. But that's just a guess. My older Acrobat 11 Pro works better, though video replay in it is often jerky and hard to watch. It seems like the last time video worked well was a few versions before that. I don't understand why video replay keeps getting worse....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mark

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the delayed resonse. I hope you were able to get it fixed by now. If the issue still persists, please check the supported video formats shared in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/playing-video-audio-multimedia-formats.html

As described some files play and some do not, please make sure you have H.264 codecs installed on your computer to play files that use H.264 compression.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines