• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC - Crashing

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a PDF using Acrobat Pro DC and then attempt to adjust a form field in "Prepare Forms" tool the PDF crashes.

Any ideas?

Application Error (Event ID: 1000)

Faulting application name: Acrobat.exe, version: 21.1.20135.27840, time stamp: 0x6018e1a4
Faulting module name: MakeAccessible.api, version: 21.1.20135.27840, time stamp: 0x6018dfd7
Exception code: 0xc000001d
Fault offset: 0x000f7f98
Faulting process id: 0x33a8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d70237c59f4dd8
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\plug_ins\MakeAccessible.api
Report Id: 0d7c983c-f975-45e3-a15a-79ecce864cc9
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

>"Help" ---> "Repair Installation"

Confirmed, done that 3 times.  No difference.

>Also, have you updated your version of MS Windows or did you performed and upgrade to MS Windows 10 from an earlier version?

Windows 10 is fully patched and up to date.

In addition: (1) removed, cleaned directories, re-installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

How about using the Acrobat Cleaner and Repair tool after uninstalling? Did you tried tgis method too with no success?

Try to re-gister the module. The error you're getting is related to a dynamic link library that for some reason is installed in the wrong directory.

If you notice in the error message that you posted, it clearly identifies the Adobe Acrobat plug-in.

Disable that plug-in from Internet Explorer(if that is the case), or from the MS Office suite.

Windows 10 may be fully patc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021
  1. Same issue after running AcroCleaner — Adobe Labs: Utilities for Acrobat products - no change, same error.
  2. Since the faulting plugin is owned and a part of Acrobat one would think the repaid tool should fx it? Yes? But I have system traced all dlls and all are registered. Faulting module: makeaccessible.api - What is makeaccessible.api? (processlibrary.com)
  3. Nice that Adobe blames Microsoft for their plugin.  Has nothring to do with IE (which i do not use)
  4. There is nothing on this system that it not

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening even after you click on "Help" ---> "Repair Installation"?

Seems like the problematic API (or module) needs to be re-registered in the appropriate directory.

Also, have you updated your version of MS Windows or did you performed and upgrade to MS Windows 10 from an earlier version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>"Help" ---> "Repair Installation"

Confirmed, done that 3 times.  No difference.

>Also, have you updated your version of MS Windows or did you performed and upgrade to MS Windows 10 from an earlier version?

Windows 10 is fully patched and up to date.

In addition: (1) removed, cleaned directories, re-installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about using the Acrobat Cleaner and Repair tool after uninstalling? Did you tried tgis method too with no success?

Try to re-gister the module. The error you're getting is related to a dynamic link library that for some reason is installed in the wrong directory.

If you notice in the error message that you posted, it clearly identifies the Adobe Acrobat plug-in.

Disable that plug-in from Internet Explorer(if that is the case), or from the MS Office suite.

Windows 10 may be fully patched, but add-ons, add-ins, or plug-ins don't update automatically with Windows.

Sometimes you have to verify and do these uldates manually.

That said, check also that your redistributables are all updated to its latest version (.Net, Visual Studio, C++).

And last, if you installed Acrobat using the CC Desktop app, I would suggest to also use the CC cleanup tool before reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Same issue after running AcroCleaner — Adobe Labs: Utilities for Acrobat products - no change, same error.
  2. Since the faulting plugin is owned and a part of Acrobat one would think the repaid tool should fx it? Yes? But I have system traced all dlls and all are registered. Faulting module: makeaccessible.api - What is makeaccessible.api? (processlibrary.com)
  3. Nice that Adobe blames Microsoft for their plugin.  Has nothring to do with IE (which i do not use)
  4. There is nothing on this system that it not patched nightly.  It is a scripted process which runs every 24 hours and reports bugs in the process to me via a nightly email report.  Sorry again, but not system or patch related.  This is an Adobe problem and right now as a paying client for Adobe Acrobat Pro DC I feel cheated as support is horrific.
  5. Yes, yes, again redistributable packages and all patches are checked nightly - nothing on the system is not on the latest version.
  6. I installed Adobe Acrobat Pro DC as a standalone as I have zeon interest in Creative Cloud suite running on my system.  At this point I am one step away from dumping Adobe as it has garbage support.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott5E24,

Sorry for the inconvenience, can you please share the crash dumps with us so that we can investigate further.  
Please refer following link to collect the crash dump when Acrobat/Reader process crashes:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html#CollectinglogswhenAcrobatReader...

Regards,

Rohit Anand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated above.  The problems was solved by mydelf. 

Suggestion:  Improve the Adobe support for paying clients or you will find more angry and frustrated with your service - like I am now.  Not only would I never reccommend Adobe again, we are actively seeking to replace Adobe Acrobat within our organization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the fix?  I am fighting a very similiar issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also facing this same issue! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Scott, what did you do to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines