Acrobat Pro DC Deactivation Hassle

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I prevent Adobe Pro DC from being the default program to open my PDF files. I want the free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader to open my PDF files by default. I have a licensed copy of Adobe Pro DC which is licensed to be activated on two computers but only running on one computer. I am remote teaching and have a desktop running my remote learning station and I run a laptop to work on creating content at the same time. I need to open PDF files on both computers repeatedly to verify content. When ever I upgrade a computer Adobe Pro DC shuts down and has to be deactivated and reinstalled. Just replaced a CPU chip and none of my Adobe Pro products work on either computer. Also, I have to continuously shutdown Adobe Pro DC on one computer to open it on the other computer. I don't use Adobe Pro DC except to sign teaching contracts. It is completely unusable in a small working home office environment. 

Any ideas please. I can't afford to pay for two yearly licenses just so I can sign a couple of documents. Whoever in Adobe management who came up with this idea is losing the small home office market. Adobe products are top notch but licensing bites it big time. As soon as I get back to working in my school office (which has an institutional Adobe account), I'm going to discontinue my personal license and be thankful and good riddance to Adobe Pro DC.

TOPICS
How to, Install update and subscribe to Acrobat, Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I don't use Adobe Pro DC except to sign teaching contracts.

You don't need Acrobat for that. Use the free Adobe Reader.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines