Highlighted

acrobat pro dc deleted source files

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

combined multiple files (two jpgs from my desktop) into a pdf. was not paying attention to settings and did not see that "delete source files" option was checked

cant find these source files anywhere-not in my recycle bin, not in cloud or cloud deleted files folder.  searched my entire c drive...nothing

where are these files and is there a setting within acrobat to redirect deleted files

tia

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

If they are deleted, they are gone. You must use your own backups to recover lost files. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

acrobat pro dc deleted source files

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

combined multiple files (two jpgs from my desktop) into a pdf. was not paying attention to settings and did not see that "delete source files" option was checked

cant find these source files anywhere-not in my recycle bin, not in cloud or cloud deleted files folder.  searched my entire c drive...nothing

where are these files and is there a setting within acrobat to redirect deleted files

tia

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

If they are deleted, they are gone. You must use your own backups to recover lost files. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you see such a setting?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat_LtlQkgeHhQ.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
try67 LATEST
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess this is a new "feature". A very bad one, if you ask me, especially if it deletes the files for good (!).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF