Highlighted

Acrobat Pro DC 'find' feature

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used Acrobat Pro DC for quite a while. The "find" feature isn't working. I updated to the current version but that didn't fix the issue.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Topics

General troubleshooting, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat Pro DC 'find' feature

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used Acrobat Pro DC for quite a while. The "find" feature isn't working. I updated to the current version but that didn't fix the issue.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Topics

General troubleshooting, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This usually happens when there's no text in the file, or it's encoded incorrectly.

Try selecting the text you're searching for. Is it working? If so, try copying it and pasting into another application (like Word).

Does it paste the correct text? If the answer to either question is No, that's why the Find tool is not working.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try67 -- thanks for the prompt reply. I checked out your instructions and it's just like you said - Find featurenot working. Wish there was a work around.  Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There might be. Which issue was it, though? Was the text not selectable at all, or did it paste as something else (usually "gibberish")?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robin_Taylor

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with Acrobat Pro DC. As described the 'find' feature is not working.

++ Adding to the discussion

Would you mind sharing if its an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version of the application gop to Help > About Adobe Acrobat DC and make sure you have the latest version 20.009.20074 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Are you on Mac or Windows machine and what is the version of the OS? If you are on Windows machine please try to repair the installationn from the help menu and see if that makes any difference.

You may also try to reset the preferences to default as described here How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to defaul... - Adobe Support Community - 4792082 and see if that works for you.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF