• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC forms, button to cycle through images

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating several business card templates, such that you can replace the generic template information with your name, business, website, and so on. Although it's good enough to put your twitter handle in a text field and say "Follow me on Twitter!" or Instagram or any platform, it's very wordy, and is visually better to just put the logo of that particular social media site with the profile handle next to it. People can make the connection that beside the Twitter logo is their Twitter handle, for example.

The problem of course is that not all clients use the same social media platforms. Some might use Instagram and Facebook, while another might only use Twitter. I can of course slap these icons in the card in Illustrator, but I'd much rather take care of it all in the PDF template if possible using Forms.

I have already used buttons extensively in my templates to insert logos. The button is pressed, and a dialog box appears asking you to select your image. Then the image is inserted in the button. I'd like to do something similar for the icons, but of course the client isn't going to have a dozen or so social media icons saved on their computer, and even if they browsed the web to download one, it's unlikely they'd pick a good-quality image.

Is it possible to create a button or series of buttons that can cycle through the various images, like a mini slideshow? I thought maybe I could embed the social media icons in the PDF and then select them somehow from the Attachments pane, but that doesn't seem possible. Is there any way to achieve this effect to make it as hassle-free as possible for the clients using this template?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to , JavaScript , PDF forms , Print and prepress , Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?