• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC freezing while working with pdf on a MAC

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Viewing and editing pdfs is becomming frustrating.  With increasing regularity, while viewing a pdf it will freeze and the only way to un-freeze it is to Force Quite Adobe acrobat.

This happens now so frequently. If i have a lot of pdfs to review and work with, I will end up Force Quiting Adobe 30 times a day or more

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DBLaw,

I also work on a Mac and read and work with PDFs most of the day (I'm sure not as much as you). However, I almost never have my Acrobat Pro DC crash and/or freeze. My suspicion, is that there is something wrong either with your Acrobat Pro's instillation, it's preferences, or something with your computer.

I would like you to try several things if you can:

1) rebuild Acrobat's Preferences

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/m-p/47920...

2) If that doesn't work, please try to use an alternate user on your Mac (note: suggestion, I use the same PW on my alternate user ("testme") just to keep things simple):

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-create-a-new-user-on-mac

Once you've done this, start up in the alternate user world, and try using Acrobat. If it doesn't freeze up, there's something wrong with your regular system.

3) if #2 works than try to fix your regular OS by restarting into Safe mode. To do this Shut down your Mac and then boot up again. As soon as you hear the chime, press the shift key. Hold it until it fully boots up. This will probably take longer than than normal and that's good. If it takes a long time that means that the Mac is self-healing itself during this process. If your Mac has all of your normal options (e.g., Dropbox) that means you didn't press the Shift key fast enough and you'll need to do it again. Once you complete starting up in Save mode, go ahead and Shut down again and then reboot. See how that works.

#4) If you're still having problems, than reboot into Repair mode, When restarting, press the Command-r keys until you've booted into repair mode. Select Disk Utility and perform First Aid on your hard drive.

Yeah that's a lot of things to try, hopefully one of the earlier ones will do it. Let me know how it works out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After upgrading to Big Sur recently, I noticed that editing PDFs has become a problem. Acrobat will freeze, and the only way to un-freeze is to Force Quit Adobe Acrobat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines